Are there any boys coaches that might be leaving a

ballplayer32

Your point is well taken! Union City is an excellent academic and athletic institution! Maybe their basketball program needs someone a little more mature. In this business, the only friends a coach has are other coaches or officials. Oops! I forgot the "good guys" at Ken Tenn Sports!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not blame Scott.... The reason being is that I knew another team he had coached. He had a few "players" and had an excellent season! There's no secret to becoming a "player." An individual has to make a major committment to the game on a daily basis! I know of high school players in their district who make 300 threes a day, every day of the year! It takes them about 1 1/2 hours to do this. Unfortunately, the coach assumes the responsibility for the record. Gibson County football hasn't won too many football games the last few years...Now that I think of it. I hope the male athletes at GCHS recognize the urgency of turning things around! I heard the rumor that was brought up about Shane Sisco going to Gibson County. ;)

I think the boys' basketball program and the football program at GC deserve more support. It has to start from the top. If the kids see that the administration is doing what it takes to build a winning program, I think they would be more motivated to participate. It makes me sick to see the band parents leave after halftime of the football games and half the gym leave when the girls' basketball game is over. If I feel that way with no child involved, how must the kids and partents involved feel? Hopefully, Coach Argo can turn the football program around. I feel badly for Coach Bowlin because you can tell that he's passionate about the game and I wish the basketball program was in a different stage. There is just as much opportunity for the boys to be successful as the girls have done. It's just going to take a lot of dedication and support at every level. I hope it happens!!!!!

Bowlin is a very good coach and prepares just as hard as anyone else. Bottom line is it's tough to win in basketball without a great point guard, and he has not had that at GCHS. You look at a lot of other programs who have a lot of succes and their "coach" couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. No one with a clue has ever said that about one of Bowlin's teams. A wise man once said, "You can't win the Derby with a jackass!" You need players with some ability to win, especially in 13AA.