Tyler Smith for AA Mr. Basketball

krogers

Smokey, what's wrong again? Wow......

Anyways, as for the Big Ones, I had the Second Highest Correct % in the regular season standings in the Top 100. I didn't get started in the contest until too late to make a jump, so don't make it sound like I pick bad.....

As for Brian, yes I coached him, and yes, I may be slightly biased. But there are not many players I have seen more in Middle Tn than Tyler. I would have to pick Brian for the reasons I gave. Good luck to both players, and I stick with my other post on here.......

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Vince Redd is a very, very good player, but I honestly would have left him off, as talented as he was. There are just so many players out there in AA, and last I had checked on the E'town website, Redd was not the leading scorer on his own team. That said, he is very, very good, but I feel

-Josh Stephen, Lipscomb

-Ryan Wiley, Bolivar

-Corey Brewer, Portland

-Willie Kemp, Bolivar

-Brandon Harriford, Hume Fogg

-Ricky Harper, Howard

-Yual Banks, Ridgeway

were also very qualified AA players that just missed out.....

You are looked up to by many on this site. With that in mind it would have been nice to congratulate all the Mr. Basketball nominees. I could care less how you feel about anyone of them but try and be a good representative of CoachT. I also think if Brian is all that, he should get it because he is a senior. :o

[Edited by smokeyvol1 on 3-4-03 4:48P]

Wow, Smokeyvol & Gomab2, I take it you two have had this conversation before. Whoever wins the award, will win it because they deserve it. With that being said, the one that wins the award may not necassarily be the best in AA. Until we see both Fisk and Smith on the same court, you guys can argue til you are blue in the face and your point still won't be made. I love to watch Tyler play...I don't think there is a more exciting player in the state of TN. You never know what this kid is going to pull out of the bag. It may be a cross-over that causes a PG to break his legs trying to react. It may be a sweet behind the back pass to a streaking Eric Howard or a GC favorite 'BIRDMAN' throw down. GC fans you know what I am talking about. Last but not least, you never know when Tyler will come from no where and pick the pocket of the best PG in the state and take 4 steps from half court and throw it down w/ authority. And yes I am talking about Wadele Williams. I have the tape to prove it.

Guest gonab

you would be lucky to know half as much as Gomab. Just keep praying and you might get your wish.

I might be wrong but has Giles County not sliped up in the region the last two years.

I personally hope they are at the state but dont count your chickens until they hatch. ;)

Guest GilesCoBocats

SHOOTER41.....Tyler Smith moved to wing? Are you crazy? I would also like to know how someone from Dyer County was blessed enough to watch Tyler play. Thats a long way to travel. He is currently the one of the best, but your right, when he becomes a senior, he will be the best.

Smokeyvol, I don't know if you have checked out the Cheatam vs. Giles County thread lately, but that loser WR has posted on their that the CATZ won't make it past Waverly in the region. Maybe someone needs to tell this guy that this isn't the same CATZ team that lost to Waverly last year in the Region. I am sticking w/ my prediction that GC will will the rest of their region games by 20 pts. or more. What do you think.