best in maury county

Guest ncchs23

Guest ncchs23

Who is the best basketball player in Maury County? I would just like to know what people think about Holt matched to the boys from Central? And the other schools.

Gene McBee has coached both Casey and Wadale in AAU.

Both play similar games offensively with Casey's heighth being a help for him and Wadale's quickness and strength being a plus.

Casey averaged 27 points per game while playing for McBee in numerous AAU 16's and 17's team. When playing alongside Wadale or some of McBee's other players, Casey became an ever bigger scorer and could play tougher defense. He had a 45 point game.

carter considered playing on the same team, but opted to stay with his santa fe crew.

mcbee's 3-team format included some central players plus jarmarcus webster, mt. pleasant; justin bryant, collinwood and many other area Class AA and A players.

Who's McBee? You have got to be kidding. Not only those mentioned above but Chase Richardson, Tristan Fletcher,Eric and Justin on Giles county team and almost the entire Columbia team, will let you know. New to basketball in the midstate are you?

[Edited by flyer on 3-5-03 5:39A]

McBee is a former high school coach in Georgia where he started after his pitching career in the Detroit Tiger organization.

He was a finalist for the head coach job at LSU when Dale Brown was selected.

In 11 years at Columbia State Community College, he posted close to 300 wins while coaching three teams to the national JUCO tournament in Kansas. He proved both at Columbia and Summertown that he could coach any type player from any type of background.

At columbia state, he won with mediocre talent then built a recruiting base that went from macon, ga., to n.carolina to Indiana to New York City.

he has college and pro coaching contacts throughout the nation. His son played at Columbia and at Auburn and his grandson now plays for Columbia.