Is everybody's field ready for the season?

illpete23

I play for Virginia Intermont College (NAIA division) and our field flooded during the rain period. The field is located on the Tennessee side of Bristol (about 5 minutes from the Bristol Motor Speedway). We've been working to get the field dried off and pump the water out of the infield. We've been using brooms to push water off of the infield. It's a mess, but if we work all day tomorrow then we MIGHT be ready to play Union College on Saturday.

I was wondering if any Tennessee high schools were facing a situation similar to this. I know at my old high school (Volunteer in Hawkins County) that our infield would get flooded with a good shower. Hopefully everyone will be ready in time for the opening pitch. Good luck to everyone this season, unless you are playing Volunteer.

"Once a Falcon, Always a Falcon"

Greenback's field was completely remodeled this year with new grass, dirt, fence, batting cage, warning track, etc. However with all of the rain, we have not been able to spread any sand on the grass. On top of that, little league plays on our field during the season. It will be a wreck before we even play our first home game. Good luck to you as well.

our field just stinks bad. we worked on it some but it still stinks. coach mac says hes goina do this and that but i dont think he really cares all about all that. he said all kinds of bad stuff about our old coach and he talks a lot of trash about the school. i just hope we can win a few games. coach i now you dont want us talkin on here but i dont care. you can kick me off the team if you want but you dont now who i am.