The Most Underrated Team in the Substate

I think that Dyersburg girls and boys are the two must underrated teams that are left in the state. Neither of them have gotten any respect from anyone all year long and I think that it is a testament to their attitudes that they both made it this far. Both teams work very hard and their coaches deserve a lot of the credit. Al They do an excellent job in preparing their teams for battle. In fact, this is the first time in 20 years that a Dyersburg boys team has won the region. Also, for the first time in a long time both teams are in the SUb-State!! To those who don't know the Dyersburg boys post an impressive 22-7 record and will face Memphis Hamilton on Monday night in Dyersburg at 7:00. Also the girls play at the Memphis Colessium on Saturday at 7:30 against the number one team out of region 8AAA. Good Luck Trojans and Congraulations on a very good season!!! ALL THE WAY TO STATE!!!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i saw this thread name i immediately thought dyersburg, and was glad to see i wasnt alone. They are a tuff team that beat 2 good teams in their last 2 game sin jns and bartlett, though i know bartlett hada abad gaem. Good luck dyersburg and tell the kid with the muscles to keep his shirt on next time, they arent that big!!!

it was so funny when the bartlett student section yelled at dburg 6'8 #43 (somebody please feed him)...that was classic...he even laughed....

it was also pretty funny when northside students were yelling 4 in a row and the dburg student section replied with "thats alright, thats ok, youre gonna work for us some day"...

Watch out for the Hawks in the sub-state game. Here are a few reasons why:

1. Coach Tyson always has his team prepared, regardless of the opponent. Congrats to a region title, coach!

2. Fast, faster, fastest. That's how these players are ranked on SS's team. If you miss, don't try to crash, just turn and run!

3. The small, cramped, dark, nasty little gym that Sycamore now has to play in has eaten up many an opponent.

Good luck Hawks! Represent District 12 right!

it was so funny when the bartlett student section yelled at dburg 6'8 #43 (somebody please feed him)...that was classic...he even laughed....

Are you saying he weighs 43 pounds? ;)

Would that be Daniel Chatham? I remember him from a couple of years ago, he was a rail then...is he still that skinny?

fed 43 was the chant we used and it was actually started by a jns kid that was sitting in our section, he said he hated dburg so we welcomed him, lol. We had the scurity guard laughing at it too. I think we are the most discriminated against ss in the history of tn high school bball though. We have had arguments with sec guards and policemen at 4 of our last 5 games. Amazing how it is never at home either. But seriously, good luck to dburg this year and next, and since we dont play you in baseball in the reg season hopefully we will meet in the postseason(assuming we each get that far!) :o