Bradley wins again

Guest justasportsfan

Guest OwntheDome

Slamjam you must have been one of those "Adults", because I had a good view of it all and after the police intervened the Cleveland parents still got in the face of under age kids and screamed out words I would be ashamed to repeat, but they were just trying to prevent a riot...right? So lets ask the question again who is immature? The parents that should know better or the fans! :D

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, there were immature fans on BOTH ends of the floor. It is a shame that people have to act that way. Both teams consist of some of the best kids I know. The signs that Cleveland held up though were unacceptable. I am very much surprised that the administration did not step in and take the vulgar ones away. But kids will be kids. The adults are the ones who should not have gotten involved on either end. What Bradley fans were yelling were no worse than the things that were being yelled at the Bradley players by the Cleveland student section. The adults should just let it go and go on. And NOTHING that was yelled on either end compared to those awful signs. I hope if CHS makes it to the state that those signs will be barred. Congratulations and good luck to the Bears and to the Raiders. I am pulling hard for both teams to make it to Murfreesboro next week!

Guest ejuaniaj

In regards to the behavior displayed by some of the fans after the Cleveland/Bradley regional game held on friday night...if you are not aware of all the facts it is wise to refrain from making fooish accusations...the fans were upset-not at the outcome of the game--that was decided on the floor--the problem was the refusal by the bradley staff or the police officials at the game refusing to regulate the behaviour of the bch students who were in fact taunting the cleveland basketball team. In direct contrast on the other end--not only were the cleveland students not taunting the bear bench--the clevland student body members were prevented from being on the court by a heavy police presence--yet there were not any officers of the law present to maintain any kind of crowd control....the obvious question is why?....if you care to be honest about the situation--the Cleveland fans that went onto the court are African American--it was not until the so called officials saw the pigmentation of the fans change that the police and the so called bradley officials decided to attempt to control their student body(since it is obvious their student lack self-contro)...

Immature Bradley fans? Okay, sometimes highschool kids can be immature, particularly at big events with their biggest rival. But maybe you should be careful throwing stones. Anyone at the game(s) with an ounce of honesty in them will tell you that the "school spirit" went both ways equally. Did you check out the many signs, some vulgar, in the Cleveland student section or the megaphone blasted insults directed at Bradley players in both the district and region finals? Probably not, because we tend to see what we choose to see, particularly while absorbing our 4th consecutive loss to our biggest rival. Just makes us feel a little better if we can villanize the other team while putting angel wings on our own backs.

As to the two "adults" who rescued the entire gym from a certain riot caused by the Bradley fans.... I had the unique experience of sitting very near them throughout the game. Those two heroes dropped more F-bombs during the game than Kellen Pickel 3-pointers. At one point, following a call they didn't agree with, they actually got up and proceded down the steps toward the court while filling the air with a tapestry of profanity aimed directly at the referee who had made the call (at FULL volume!). I just couldn't exactly figure out where they thought they were going??

One last thing. What's with the warm-up music? I'm not so out of touch that I don't realize the popularity of that music. However, with the majority of people there over 20 years old or young children, why is profanity-laced music with endless sexual references so accepted? Getting properly pumped up for a game is one thing. However compromising our standard of what is acceptable in a High School setting is another. Surely the Coach or Athletic Director can find some popular music that is appropriate. Is it just not that important?.......why not?

Guest ejuaniaj

Bradley is an ok team....the mark of an OUTSTANDING team is being able to win without the help of the officials calling the game--hopefully the officials will allow the players to decide the substate winner on Monday night--if not and bradley does go to the state --rest assured they will be drilled once they have to confront teams without the assistance of the refs

If Bradley is an "ok" team, what does that make the Blue Raiders? 4 games...4 wins...4 different sets of referees..

Just so I have it straight, are ALL Bradley fans, players and "so called" administrators Racist cheaters, or just the police officers, or just the students? Help me out, because between your obvious bitterness and insults, it's getting very confusing.

Why cant the Cleveland Fans accept that Both schools have great Teams,just that Bradleys is better coached.Green will get better as he gets older.The reason Cleveland loses these close games is because the team is reflecting what they see in the head coach.No Composure,Panic and emotional breakdown under pressure.They loose control because Green cant control himself on the sidelines.Every foul,from the first one of the game on,he yells at the Ref,Throwing hands in the air,Face purple.Its comical to see the guy almost having a stroke if a Charge is called.And we all remember the Ripping off of the shirt and kicking the face in of a helpless Coke machine dont we????The Fans also seem to reflect his behavior.The only ones i remember running onto the floor,AND THROWING COKE BOTTLES that night were Cleveland Fans.Just an Observation.

I would also like to address the Warmup music played at Cleveland.For those of you who dont know It's rap,well thats fine .Here was the Music selection for Friday night.

1.The Real Slim Shady -with only *uck being BEEPED out.

2.Its getting hot in here,So take off all your clothes

I could go on,But why does the theme seem to be sex and taking out anger at a high school basketball game?The songs where a little hard to explain to my 6 year old and whomever picks those out,is an Idiot.

No, I was not one of the adults on the floor - but I do know them, and I understand why they were on the court. The Bradley Bears just won a tremendous game - defeating a good team on their own floor for the fourth time in one season and instead of congratulating their team, the fans chose to antagonize the Cleveland players to the point of initiating a fight. When the Cleveland bench tried to contain their players - no one stepped up to intervene the Bradley fans - not you, not Mr. Taylor nor Mr. Losh, nor the police officers - no one saw the need to get the Bradley fans off the floor - who were in effect messing with a "hornet's nest" - no one but one person, and that was the parent of the Cleveland player. Yes her words were strong and her actions may have been considered irrational- but she did what she felt she had to do in an irrational situation. Mr. Taylor and Mr. Losh and the one police officer only came after the adults entered the floor - and they came to remove her - not to contain the crowd. It was only when she informed them what she was doing that they focused on the Bradly fans - and I am grateful that they (Mr. Taylor and Mr. Losh) did step in at that time.

Congratulations to both teams. It has been an exciting year and both teams have done well. Let's don't let the behavior of adults spoil fun for the kids. Would't it be a shame to miss many years of basketball as we did football. As far as the behavior on Friday night, yes some of the signs that the Cleveland student's had were not appropriate and when it was detected by their principal, they were removed. I cannot blame the adult parents from Cleveland for standing up for their children (especially Trey's mother) - No one I am sure at Cleveland or Bradley is more important to her than her son and she was going to defend him. As I heard one parent say, the police, school officials and no one else came to calm the Bradley student section until the Africian Americans came out of the stands, they were all at the Cleveland section (majority of who was on that end?). Let's just get on with our lives now and wish both teams "Good Luck". And just for the records, there were several ugly words coming from the Bradley stands behind both teams. (all the way from one end of the floor to the other).

Now, as far as the music "Real Slim Shady - *uck beeped out was the same versions that are played on the Radio Stations. As a matter of fact all of the music was the edited versions. I am sorry that you could not explain that to your 6 year old but if they ever listen to the radio or go to a college game then these are the versions that they will hear. So as for you saying that I am an IDIOT, you need to know me before you can judge me or call me names because what YOU think of me is not important. I know "WHO I AM and I know "WHOSE I AM" and that is all that matters. I could care less what people think or say about me. They are not the final judge. (THANK GOD). I am as smart and intelligent as any other person. If you recall, there were several songs played:

1. Play that Funky Music

2. Brickhouse

3. Get down tonight and the list goes on.

Hip hop music does pump up the team and the crowd and if it is offensive or sexual then maybe public places where that type of music is going to be played is not the place for you. You cannot please everyone as there were people who have asked us not to play "ROCKY TOP" because it was offensive to them and the reply to them was "Bring earplugs" because there are some who like it and some who don't. We don't tell Coach Green what plays to play and he does not tell us what music to play as long as it is the edited versions and it is. If you ever come back to the dome and have a request, please let us know and if we have it we will play if for you. Have a wonderful week!!! ;):)

ejunaiji, or whatever the heck name you have.......... You are really crazy or something. Do you think that four sets of officials "cheated" so that Bradley could win the games? That was about the dumbest statement I have read on here today--- That one and the one that said the CHS fans did not taunt the Bradley players. Sorry to inform you, but the taunting was done on both ends. That, is part of rivalries. The signs however, were much worse than any taunting that was taking place. Sure, there were inappropriate things said by BOTh side, but adults should act as adults. I didn't see the parents from Bradley going over and threatening the CHS section for the AWFUL and VULGAR signs that were being displayed. Did the administration come take them? Well they were still being held up during the 4th quarter! And I believe that the Bradley parents love their sons as much as those adults from Cleveland do. It's all in the way the adults handle the situation. Did you happen to notice the way the Bradley and Cleveland players hugged each other? They are friends. Maybe the Moms who can't handle the rivalries should just stay at home. Me, I certainly don't like the taunting yelled at the Bradley players nor the signs, but I just laugh and live with it. Good luck to all the Cleveland players tomorrow night as you travel to Columbia. A special good luck to Lavonte, Jay, and Tim-Tim..... The music was horrible by the way...But it is the same in most all the gyms I have been in. Lebanon played the best music of any gym we have played in this year....

[Edited by tnwareagle on 3-9-03 9:28P]

Guest vicobra6

hahaha I love watching all you people argue and gripe at each other about who is the better team, and about who is the more mature team. Immaturity shines bright from both sides. Thanks for the laughs. Oh, and if you guys don't like fans ragging players in highschool.....then I suggest you stay clear of college games. ;)

Vicrobra, you are right. I am sure that people all over the state are having a ball at the way we act. Sure the players like each other and get along. You have to. As far as the music, Cleveland Fans are not complaining and those of you who are, you will only have to hear it once a year so grin and bear it. It ain't Rocky Top but it ain't Puff Daddy or Britney Spears either. If you have anything better, please send it to us. I am sure that someone out there will dislike it too. Good luck guys. It will continue to take mature young men and women to help those who have been around a while to understand. Because they sure have not understood yet. What will it take to understand that we all are alike even though we all are different and you can't please everyone. So what I like, you don't and maybe what you like I don't like but if you are the one in control of the situation then I won't critize you. I will keep my comments to myself especially if I am not the one that can change it. ;)