Change the system?

tcs

Actually Columbia only beat White County twice in 1999. Columbia won in the region finals and then won in the sectional finals in overtime. That was the year of the different format when both teams in the sectional finals advanced. That game was for seeding purposes. White County then beat Columbia by about 8 points in the AAA finals.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The district tourneys not only make money for TSSAA since they get their cut before expenses and all (pay me first), but in areas where their is good fan interest, they make money for the host school. On the other hand, if there is little interest, they will lose money after paying the expenses. In 1977, Loudon boys got hot and healthy at the end of the season and went to the State Tourney with a 14-16 record I think. They finished 4th in the district and second in the region. then won their substate game. I guess you do the district for schools like that so every one has a chance to go.

LA beat Jackson Co (girls) in 1999 after losing to them 3 times in the post-season.

I like the original poster's idea.

Posted by drdefense:

Actually Columbia only beat White County twice in 1999. Columbia won in the region finals and then won in the sectional finals in overtime. That was the year of the different format when both teams in the sectional finals advanced. That game was for seeding purposes. White County then beat Columbia by about 8 points in the AAA finals.

[Edited by swamp on 3-10-03 10:53A]