Sequatchie playday-Whitwell, Warren, Cookeville

Indian

I don't know why Grundy isn't in it. The lineup is the same as last year except Red Bank canceled a couple of days ago. By my count-unofficial and probably not too important anyway since its a scrimmage, Sequatchie's #1 pitcher threw 10 innings, gave up 7 hits, 3 runs, 0 earned runs. I couldn't really tell when a full regular starting lineup was in for Warren and Cookeville, you could tell pretty much who is the #1 pitcher but I don't know if a varsity, JV or mixed lineup was in a particular game. Warren beat Seq 1-0 in 4 innings with what appeared to be Warren's best pitcher. Warren scored a run in the first without a hit, hit batter, wild pitch and error. Warren had 4 hits in innings 2-4, didn't score mainly because of good defensive plays. Seq had 1 hit, 3 runners reached on errors. Sequatchie used a #2 pitcher against Warren in another game, Warren had a reserve pitcher it seemed, couldn't tell about the rest of their lineup. The game was 6-6. Sequatchie had a girl hit one over the centerfield fence. Whitwell beat Sequatchie 2-0, one run in the second after what I would call 2 errors, another after a certain error in the fourth. Seq got 1 runner on 3rd, couldn't get her in. Whitwell's #1 pitcher was strong, giving up 1 hit in 5 innings. She shutout Cookeville 2-0. Seq's defense let down a bit against Whitwell, but the top shortstop did well in 3 games, 13 innings, 10-12 putouts probably and nothing close to an error with a couple of pretty hard plays made. Seq's JV team, a true JV with no regulars, did not have good games against Cookeville and Whitwell. Other games, and again not sure about the lineups, were Cookeville 3-2 over Warren, Cookeville 4-3 over Warren. The bats started going a little for both teams in that last one. Cookeville had a very good defensive play to throw out a runner at home, turned out to be very important. Warren had a large and enthusiastic crowd for an away scrimmage 40 miles from home. Whitwell and Seq's #1 pitchers, and what looked like the #1's for Cookeville and Warren all did pretty well.