Stratford Football Job

coachtut

Smith's offense to very well rounded! For instance this last year his team ran %50.1 times and passed %49.9. It is good to have a throwing quarterback but not actually needed. The offense can evolve to adapt to any type of athlete. Stratford has 9 starters on offense and 8 starters back on defense. No huddle dosen't mean quick pace. A good defense is always important, but when the score is 49-7 it really dosen't make a difference. Good players are made, skills are developed. I would still tell everyone to stay away from him.....his practices are fun, he dosen't run down his kids, and most of all his offense is team oriented featuring multiple runners and catchers, not just one person, he dosen't hit his kids are verbally abuse them, in fact I have never heard him cuss once at his kids! Come on, join the club....we don't need his type in the mid-state....without athletes he would be nothing... he's just been incredibly lucky the last 4 years....wait till they don't win 10 games each year... then what everyone has been saying will be true.....overrated...bad hair.... he will get his!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you have given yourself away. We know who you are Mr. Paxton. Sure we'll let him interview for the job, and no, I don't think he'll stay at Stratford long, but who knows, maybe you can tell us, oh wise one. I can tell you this, he will be hated in Nashville if he continues to act the way he has these past two years. Ask Loretto how much they love him? A man's character is always judged by his peers!

the offense revolves around the qb position, kid must be able to be taught strenghs and weaknesses of defenses, Smith does his teaching during the week in qb classes, they become his eyes on the field.....offense revolves around good decisions by the quarterback....Smith makes practice so hard on the quarterback Monday thru Thursday that most of the time Friday nights are much easier.....pushes his kids hard!

Defense is fun...he blitzes all the time...5,6,7,8,9, men, whatever it takes to stop the run....no one throws!

Special teams are always attacking...always punts from 4 man spread with qb as punter...fakes extra points all the time, and lines up in onside kick formation every kick off...wants to put pressure on the other team when they get off the bus...... have heard his teams run all the time and have a special running/conditioning program that involves 40's and 100 yard dashes.. feels 4th quarter is key..means it.

Actually Dracula was a prince, not king, as in prince of darkness... Smith has a desire to be in metro, I don't know why...has told me he will keep applying everytime a job comes open...I think he has learned his lesson about scoring so much...tells me he wants to change...knows he is hated.....personally I think he is running out of challenges and feels the town is ready for him to go. I don't think he's tough enough to go to a place like Stratford....maybe he will fall flat on his face!

I must thank you all for the witty dialogue, it has made an otherwise slow Sunday go by much quicker.....spring football is less than 2 monthes away... lessons in life that must be learned the hard way ...1) hard work is not always rewarded.....2) the only person who has to care if your wife is pretty or not is you.....3) people hire their friends......4)in the end the only person you have to make happy is yourself....5)It is much better to know the right people than to be good at your job.....6)a little knowledge is a dangerous thing....7)all things end badly, or otherwise they would not end 8)Thank you Lord for the game of football and what it does for our young men......9) losing does make you grow....10) Talking on the internet is addictive.....

Guest dapig

Ok i want to know how you think your matchup would compare with stratford vs the mighty burros. Im willing to say that by the 2nd quarter the qb will be tired of pickinging himself up and the Defense is tired of chasing the burros.