Anderson County Girls coach

Guest Backup

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it her or just a lack of talent the past couple of years. They have really been down. What about the assistant from Powell. Word is he is the one that has got that program off the ground. Does anyone know anything about him. I know he is young and real energetic from what i have seen.

Guest doitnow

In watching Powell play, I have observed that he does all the coaching. The head coach just sits there and watches. His name is Jason Kallenberg. I don't know anything else about him.

Wasn't Anderson County's team freshman and sophomore heavy? No matter what level you are playing at, you need to have some experienced players to make a difference. Didn't one of her top players blow a knee in the beginning of the season last year? Is she actually out as coach or is there just speculation that she might be released? If she is let go, I'm sure she'll have no problem finding a job.

i don't think they were real heavy, and yes they lost a post player, but it was midway through the year 2 years ago. she had a good nucleus this year that sawalot of minutes last year. Powell was in the same boat 4 sophs played a majority of minutes this year and 2 started. I believe Clinton is also in the same boat. You are correct, nothing replaces experience, but good coaching helps. Look at O.R. I was just wondering about him (Powell), seems like that would be name that would be considere if this is the case. Thanks for the info on him.

Anderson County lost the Irwin girl, who is now playing at Roane State, opening night during that 2001-2002 campaign at Wartburg. So...she missed her ENTIRE senior season. As for the coaching situtation, I'm not even going there my friends. Maybe a well informed insider will, but...till then I'm not nor should you speculate what you think is going to happen--no one KNOWS!!!!

Please lock and shut this thread down--it is going nowhere fast!!

I don't think there is a need to lock this thread, Answer9. I just didn't know if she had been let go. Most of us that have followed the Lady Vols stay interested in what former players are doing and how well they are doing it. I was just curious. So.....there has been no decision made to let her go? Correct?