Micheal Jordan

caeagle16

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hatfield.....have you seen the Wizards play this year? When does MICHAEL JORDAN need to pat himself on the back? And I never saw Jordan as cocky as the Lakers, PERIOD!! You'd think Jordan would be cocky after winning 6 championships, not being on a losing team he has much interest in. Believe me, if things don't shape-up for those young players, after Michael retires he will buy back his interest in the team and probably be giving pink-slips soon after that. He only wanted to show them how to have a good work ethic.

Stokomo, I agree totally. Michael doesn't have to pat himself on the back. Everyone knows the type of person he is and that he doesn't have to show off or do those kinds of things to make himself look good. I believe that his work ethic is by far the best among all NBA players. Scottie Pippen would come in a close second because he learned from the best. He has helped the Blazers tremendously. I would say that he will have stock in the team again after retirement and try to turn it around.

I was going to try to stay out of this thread and just view the responses.... but Hatfield, WHERE is your basis for your statement??? Like Stokomo and TNBballMan said, would Jordan be patting himself on the back?? I think not. He has every right in the world to do so, but Jordan has RARELY, IF EVER, "patted himself on the back." Nevertheless, I hope this idea does not detract from what I am trying to say. And Jordan said it for me. The message about teamwork is irrefutable, even if he was trying to "pat himself on the back." What he said was very true, and EVERYONE can learn from his words of advice.

just because he puts up forty on the knicks doesn't mean he has a right to bash his whole team. mj thinks he never does anything wrong and the wizards would never lose a game if it weren't for his teammates. i saw him in a game in which he committed two straight turnovers one a pass to kwame brown that a defender stepped in and intercepted. after play stop jordan gave kwame a lecture. i guess jordan is perfect though

WELL i havent seen ne one say he is perfect but awesome he is and you dont know exactly what happened i imagine if he was lecturing him he was prolly asking him where he was on the play ..or as far as you know he may have said sorry i shud have bounce passed it or chest pass it ... whatever it was maybe he was appologizing but ne way hes not perfect no one is but he is the greatest to play the game and you cant argue with that ;)

I should expect the last comment. No one is satisfies until they say something negative about a positive person. I hope grizzly you are young. An adult would not make that comment because an adult understands the need for accountability. Too many players today don't want to be criticized. They tend to make excuses for everything. Jordan commented on his team's effort not being consistent night-in-and-night-out. If you have seen more than a few games you can see what Jordan is talking about.One day they beat San Antonio then next game get blown out by Golden State. I never heard Jordan talk about how he never makes mistakes. He even has a commercial out with him saying all the times he messed up. That's not the issue here. The issue he made is EFFORT!!! You will make mistakes and lose games, but EFFORT!!! must be there every night. When Larry Bird retired from coaching the Indiana Pacers, he stated that the players of the game are not as dedicated as in the past. No one seems to badger him about his comments.Greatness is acquired partly by athleticism, but mostly on the 3D's:

DEDICATION, DESIRE, & DILIGENCE......... ;)

[Edited by Stokomo on 3-15-03 12:50A]

GRIZZ....No one has said Jordan doesn't make mistakes. UH....maybe that's the reason why he is leaving the game after this season. He realizes that he can't do what he use to do. But tell me something....at 40, how many people do you think could still do what they have done in their 20's? No one. Jordan realizes that his skills have significantly diminish, but he wanted to bring leadership and show the team how to have a good work ethic. I commend him for that, because many people will lecture on how players should have a good work ethic, but few show how it's done (because few can still do it). Grizzly, I overlooked one of your comments on Jordan's two turnovers and him lecturing Kwame Brown. Well, if you play basketball then you know that if a pass comes to you....you are supposed to go towards the pass to cut off the defender from getting in front to steal the ball. Jordan probably did make a bad pass. BTW, if I am criticized by the greatest player or coach to ever be in the game, something tells me that I should listen. My coach was Buck VanHuss @ DB and when he said something, players listened. That's why he won over 1000 games and is the second, all-time, most winning high school coach. There is a reason the Wizards and other programs consistently lose year-in-and-year-out. It's not lack of talent, but a lack of.......EFFORT!!!

QOTD: "Good, Better, Best...Never let it REST!! Until your GOOD is BETTER and your BETTER is BEST!!!"

[Edited by Stokomo on 3-17-03 8:02A]

what i was trying to say with my first post is that Michael Jordan doesn't like to take the blame for any of his teams losses, and blaming things on his team is immature, sure he is the best ever, but that doesn't give him the right to bash him team like he's not part of them and he's not the one making the mistakes too

You are totally missing the point GRIZZ. I never heard anyone or even Michael say that when they lose it's not his fault either. Let's put the shoe on your foot. If you were playing your heart out night-in-and-night-out through winning and losing, BUT!!! some of your teammates were not giving THE SAME EFFORT YOU ARE GIVING each night. After a while of the same thing and no results or better effort, what would you do? Speaking-up for something you see as a pattern in your team does not mean you are not taking blame for the losses. The Detroit Pistons 88-89 team was the best at taking criticism from each other!!!! All teams from NBA to rec league can take some notes from that team during those two years. There's an old saying..."the worst critic on me is myself." That is a part of accountability. Go back to the game against Orlando when the Wizards were up by two with 1:30 to go. Jordan turned the ball over once and missed a shot. After the game, Jordan told the press that he cost them the game with his poor choices down the stretch. So...HE does hold himself accountable for what his skills are. Everyone looks at his ability to play the game that they overlook his HUNGER & DILIGENCE!!! There were and still are others with the same ability out there you never hear of. The reason.......no discipline to put forth the EFFORT!!!