Unaka Cloudland.... Woulda Coulda Shoulda

krichunaka

Guest treadwaycrazy2

one thing , Elizabethton make it to the semi-finals....well the thing is we play good teams like Morristown West, Greeneville, MARYVILLE ...teams that actually have a passing offense . you dont square up against Jellico in 4A football sir.

[Edited by treadwaycrazy2 on 3-11-03 9:32P]

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really need to apologize to those of you from the Bigger and Better City Schools who found occasion to visit my thread; and as such, it saddens me to realize that even with your much better reading and writing capabilities some of you missed the obvious point, which was, in essence, to congratulate the Jr Bucs of University School for winning the games that "counted most," or words to that affect.

We county folk certainly realize how we're viewed by some of those of your more learned ilk, and though we don't expect that all our friends in the big city (believe it or not, we have many), share your lowly opinions toward us, we do indeed take offense when you take the opportunity to attack us personally.

When xbballx finished his wonderful portrayal of Unaka and Hampton, he couldn't resist a post-script, in which he concluded that "Rusty Chambers is a Joke." His pal, chubslayer rose to second the opinion with his "couldn't have said it better" remark. Nuff said.

There was more that many now have the opportunity to read. I, like most Americans realize, and am thankful for our constitutionally protected right to free speech. But, did you have to stoop this low, xbballx? Wasn't it enough to anonymously tell us that you think you're much better than us? That you feel that your Bigger School can beat our little one (but, by the way, a quick look at your records will prove that when Unaka and Elizabethton did play basketball, the Rangers more than held their own... but that's a whole other matter)? Did you have to lambaste someone that you don't like personally? Do you know him? It's doubtful. If you do, then you owe him a huge apology. He's anything but a joke. He's been nothing but a MAJOR POSITIVE for Unaka, simply going about his assignments, and causing trouble for no one.

As to the MVP, yes, there were questions about who voted for whom, and why. We don't regret asking such questions. Again, that's our right, just as it's your right to take full advantage of any opportunity to personally assault our friend, Rusty Chambers.

Oh, and etown44, just you wait.......rumor has it that we're getting a pic-n-pay soon; then we can wear shoes just like you city folk.

p.s. Hey, Rusty, xbballx also attacked Mark Byrd. That puts you in good company. But, by the way, Mighty Cyclones fans, remember the other Mark? Mark White of the Warriors?

[Edited by krichunaka on 3-11-03 9:21P]

Guest baller19

C'mon guys, this is ridiculous...how many times is there going to be a thread about Unaka and Elizabethton playing? You guys that say EHS won't play Unaka....get your facts straight...I know for a fact that EHS had an opening this past season and Unaka was asked to play them and they said maybe next year and EHS said why not THIS year and NEXT year. Hmm...maybe is it because next year they (EHS) won't have their GREAT seniors? C'mon, they won the district and regionals and now they're going to state...just let them play. :D

Guest baller19

Xballx...you are being an embarrassment for the EHS city folk. I hope others don't judge the city folk because of one person!! Hey, I'm all about voicing opinions but I also think you need to keep it on the right thread. :D:) Anyhow...good luck Cyclones!!

Guest delay7541

If I do recall you look at unaka's schedule and you will find the teams knox bearden, knox catholic, sullivan central, tournament at the bahamas, greeneville, I could go

on and on but thats not gonna get it through your guys heads down there.

And I hardly doubt we would have rejected you guys off our schedule we would play your program if it was in a snowstorm

and held on your little outside goals.

It makes sense if we would play greeneville and bearden and all of these bigger schools we wouldnt turn down the worlds greatest elizabethton team (lol).

But maybe if UNAKA gets in the arbys next year you guys might not have no choice of playing them but I wouldnt be surprised if good o'l Etown doesnt get invited back exspecially with the weak calibur of players they got comming back next year they will be lucky if they beat hampton.

But I guess its a trend down there of rejecting good competiton I mean you guys wont play "THA HILL" in basketball which is a highly good team.You wont play (unaka)in basketball nor will you play cloudland in football.

So its obvious you dont wanna play good teams unless you half to. answer me this>>>>> If you really think you can play with either of these teams why dont you schedule them cloudland in football unaka in basketball I mean if its such an easy game why wont you play all that talk your bringing on hear and no actions is kind of lame it would be a good money maker at both places and would draw one of the biggest crowds around and you know that for a fact heck we will even play you guys at your place both times I enjoy seeing that fat kid in your guys student section and listening to him yell its really funny but thats besides the point.

Bottom line you know you dont want none of unaka in basketball and you dont want none of cloudland in football

you guys are a disgrace to good competiton. And you better enjoy your winning this year because if you guys meet up with unaka next year or end up playing cloudland in football

you guys are dead in the water.........P.S

THAT SAME UNAKA TEAM RETURNS EVERYONE :D so please dont be shy and give us a holler up at the good ol creek after you guys get dont with your state tournament glory

BEEN THERE DONE THAT LAST YEAR ETOWN ENJOY YOURS THIS YEAR

You know the thought just entered my mind as I sat and read this trash being dished out by some little wannabe, "wouldn't it be nice to go back to the old days"! I speak of the time when ballplayers went out and played hard and kept their mouth shut. There was no trash talk, at least not as obvious as it is these days. Little punks that talked trash back then had better be able to back it up or they would be shut up. For Elizabethton being so dominant and us in the county being so beneath them I say why did Hampton beat you in the district championship last year? If you are so dominant and so fast and so much bigger, why did Happy Valley beat you in football a few years back. I will tell one thing, you all should be dominant compared to us that only have about 400 kids in the entire school. I remember back in the 80's when Hampton gave you all more than you wanted in basketball each time you played them. Sure you probably lead the all-time series with all county schools but you really should. You all have more raw talent than probably anyone in East Tennessee in men's basketball and you have had that for two or three years. It amazes me that you all start talking all of this smack the first time that you make it back to the state tournament. Of course you had to quit playing D-B, Science Hill, Greeneville and come down and beat on us lowly county teams to get there didn't you? You know that you couldn't have made it in AAA so don't stick those chests out too far just yet. You should be in Murfreesboro each year in men's basketball. Don't talk about Cloudland not getting any competition until the semi-finals when you get to play against little county schools all the way to the Sub-State. Which Johnson Co. almost ended all of that didn't they! Oh but they are just a bunch of rednecks that can't jump or shoot I bet you think. I really believe that the one county team that matched up with you best could have beaten you if they were inspired enough to do it and that is Cloudland! If Robbie Tolley was motivated he would be twice or three times the post player that Redd is. Unaka would definitely out-hustle your bunch and take you to the wire with no real post presence.

By the way, if you and your little small minds ever leave the big Metropolis of Elizabethton for college or maybe even a real job you will find out something from the people there. When they ask where you're from and you say Elizabethton they will say that's in Carter County isn't it? You will say yes and if they think like you, they will say that everyone in Carter County is a bunch of rednecks! Even the ones from Elizabethton, do you all really think you are that much better than us? Not out in the big world you're not. I support all the county teams when it gets to 'boro trip time if they get to go but with your type of mentality I find it hard to support the Cyclones. If I was a Cyclones fan I would be ashamed of the way your type makes the whole school look to us in the county. I am sure some of them are. One day the talent you have now will not be as great and ours will be up above yours. The talent cycles are always changing in basketball and you need to remember those words well. Your words may come back to haunt you one day. What do you think rolltideroll?Right now I don't feel necessarily like a Bulldog, Highlander, Ranger, or a Warriro. I am taking up for all of us in the county that have to work so hard for respect.Come on Carter Co. CoachT members, stand up and defend our county if you are on here!

Guest KillsAndThrills

I agree with whoever said the comment about being sick of hearing about Unaka and Elizabethton. Unaka is 1A and Elizabethton is 2A. There is no real arguement in each others schedule althought Unakas might have been a tad bit tougher but hey Elizabethton is going to the state tournament so who knows? What I do know is that all this controversey about these 2 teams playing is getting very old. And before you make the comment about the state tournament birth I just want to point out Unaka had theirs last year and Elizabethton is getting theirs now. Any comments?

Guest KillsAndThrills

Towelboy, I see your point. Thanks for explaining, but correct me if I'm wrong... There is a point that all the bragging and boasting becomes too much. I know that if your team is state bound that you are going to let people know about it but to say it over and over and bring up new subjects about people's schedules and such is ridiculous. I'm not trying to make anyone mad, but didn't you say it is for people to say what is on their mind? I love taking pride in my team but I do stop at a point to where it doesn't make people angry. :D

I couldn't agree more tincup. I am not going to blast all of Elizabethton fans (even though many people that I have met through my dealings have this attitude).

Out of the past 5 years, if Cloudland played Elizabethton in football, well, then Cloudland would at least take 4 games. I really don't know about sizing up with them this year in basketball, but if you take last years Unaka or Cloudland basketball team- at the very worst the 'county' teams would split with them.

There are some good genuine nice Cyclone fans out there. And, truthfully, I wish the 'Clones the best of luck at state. But to xballwhatever and his cronies, next time before you get on Coach T- try to post something with a little substance and at least a hint of the truth ( or at least learn to lie smart) I mean all we po' folks got is Bob's and we ain't neva seen the insides of a Burga Kang- like I said...get real, you are only 20 minutes down the road anyway...can you say it with me...RURAL.