McMinn County

Bearettefan

Yeah, I guess it easier to coach from the stands. Your record always stays at 0-0. I never said Reynolds was a bad player. She is a great 4. I just don't see her shooting threes. I guess it is a role thing. She is not the best dribbler in the world so that keeps her off the perimeter. If Harlow knew that she could knock down the three then he would screen her out for some easy looks. She is a hard worker. She has alot of heart. She couldn't hit the 15 to 20 footer in practice so she really never gets a chance in the game. Plus Bradley had Crowe, Scott, and Jackson. She runs the floor well for a post and she BOXES out. I never had to get onto her for that..the only player ever! High School is all about being a role player. Ever now and then you get a B. Jackson that can do it all well, but 9 times out of 10 they are role players and that is her role. She does it exceptionally well. Good luck to Reynolds for one more year. (one more year of putting up with Harlow!)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitino and Bearette,

Stay in the stands! I'm battle tested and maybe their positions are unexceptable to you, but they except them with a smile and hard work! You'll never know that unless you came in the 100 degree gym and sweated it out with us. Maybe you should coach AAU and you'll know what it's all about!

I started to comment to you the other day but didn't but after reading your recent post on Reynolds I have to agree with Bearettefan that you don't know her as well as you think you do. She CAN hit the 3's as much as Jackson or Crowe can if the ball is ran to her. She is a good 3 point shooter. It was heard that she was told not to shoot them, which is a shame cause she can hit them. She will do what the coach tells her to do because she respects him as a coach. I think you need to quit commenting altogether on what you think Reynolds can or can not do. Given the opportunity she could be a dynamite guard. I've watched her play for years and she sees the floor better than alot of players. She can make unbelievable passes. Really, it's too bad she isn't able to shine from the perimeter. She is doing a good job at post considering her height & weight. Couldn't ask for a better team leader.

I agree with you, but there is only so much you can do as a assistant. she'll be in the post next year and probably will in Junior college. Maybe next year she'll step up, but making Harlow a believer...Good Luck. Even she would say that. I'll check with her and get back to ya'll!

Is this a McMinn County thread or a Bradley one. It says McMinn but it seems like it is more Bradley. I never saw the Reynolds kid shoot threes. In fact I never saw the Scott kid shoot threes. Ya'll were talking about the Jackson, Scott and Crowe kids and how good they were at the threes. The Bradley kid that killed us with threes was Pickel. So you are saying that Crowe, Jackson are the best returning three point shooters but Reynolds could do it too. Then they have Pickel returning? Who will be the posts if they all are three point shooters? All ya'll seem to think it will be Bradley or Cleveland that dominates the district next year. I see Cumberland County being the team that moves up as the district contender. Bradley may have the best coach in the district but you gotta have the players to go with it. Cumberland seems to have a tremendous PG along with more heighth than any team should be allowed to have. Also McMinn loses alot of players but they will be returning some along with incoming Shands Smith that will help immediatley.

I started this as a McMinn thread but your right, for some reason we have talked more about Bradley. I am trying to figure out who you are Huck. You "suggest" that you know Kristen really well but take it from one who knows her best you are wrong on a few things. I'm not gonna argue with you though cause you have tried to say some good things. We have alot of girls on the Bearette team that can shoot 3's. Next year should be interesting..Kristen will play post if that is where Harlow puts her...Kristen could & would play on the perimeter if that is where Harlow puts her. He is the coach so she does what he says. I agree that Cumberland County will be stronger next year. They almost beat Cleveland in the Region game. Should be a great Senior year for Crowe, Reynolds & Barton. Can't wait!

District 5-AAA will be tough again. The Bearettes return alot. How they do at Shelbyville and Des Plains will really tell how the team develops. Brandi Scott was a go to player. It will be exciting to see how the team reacts to her absence. McMinn will be a contender because of Hardaway. It seems as though the whole district is balanced. As soon as I get done with my Master's I'll be looking around to start my on program. Good luck in the off season to all.

23's Mom,

I never got to meet you put I'm proud to say that your daughter always gave 100 percent. This one time at summer camp Brandi committed a couple of turnovers and Harlow called a timeout. When she sat down. He chewed her out good. She looked away for like 2 1/2 seconds and he said. "Dad gum it, you better look at me when I'm talking to you." She looked him strait in the eyes even as the spit from his speech slashed in her eyes! That is discipline! She was one focused and dedicated girl! They all are! To put up with Daddy Harlow for 3 years is simply amazing. I wish her the best of luck! We talked during the Cleveland-Rhea game one night. I tried to put emphasis on her college academics. Hopefully you'll keep the pressure on her to not only succeed on the court, but more importantly in the classroom! Good luck to her and you in the future!

Watch out Mrs. Huck. The women just love your husband's hair. And Huck I have seen you coach. You know who you coach like? Daddy Jack Harlowe. I agree that Jack is a good coach. A good coach will be sweating when the game is over just like his girls. I try to like Harlowe, I really do. And Huck I can't wait until you get your masters and take the first good job offer. I would give my left.....if I could do the same.