<b>Rockwood Baseball</b>

RHSfan

It's going to be a great year for the Rockwood TIGERS!

The Rockwood Tigers should be very proud of themselves. Yes, they could have won the game against Knox Catholic and let the win slip out of their grasp, but they learned a valuable lesson; they can play against some very good teams. Gilmore is coming along very well, Webb, in relief, pitched very well, defense is solid, and the bats are starting to come around. Tigers, take what you did tonight and build on it. A few errors were made, put them behind you and work on the next play. There were a few mental lapses, work on staying focused. Have confidence that you can hit the ball no matter what pitcher throws it. You WILL suceed!

If these Tigers build on what they have now, I can see the makings of a state contender, but they will have to work hard and keep working.

Although they lost the ballgame, I was very pleased with a lot of what I saw, there were several bright spots in the game. Keep working Tigers, and don't give up, YOU WILL GET THERE!

RHSfan

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to take the time to say good luck to Rockwood Tigers!!! I am sorry that they lost there game but that can help them know where they need to put the attention...I am VERY glad to hear that Eric pitched a good game...I hope that I will be able to make it to a coulpe. This semester at school is very stressful though. :) Just keep up the hard work!!!!!! :)

GO ROCKWOOD TIGERS!!!! :):):):) :) :)

[Edited by LilPeashooter on 3-14-03 8:11P]

This evening the Rockwood Tigers defeated Oliver Springs 7-3. Brian Reed, on the mound for Rockwood, pitched a very good game for the Tigers. Michael Gilmore came in relief to finish it off. Defense, for the most part, was solid. Most importantly, the bats are starting to heat up. It was a good win and confidence builder for the Tigers.

Kentro,

Before the game, I gave Eric Webb a note that said, "Coach Northcutt said "Good Luck"". He put a smile on his face and then proceeded to go 3 for 4 in the game. I'm sure that he appreciated the interest shown by you.

Go Tigers.......................RHSfan

Cumberland County barely beats Rockwood 5-4.

Matt Cook pitched this one and did a wonderful job. Rockwood led most of the game (except when it really counted!!). Seems like most of our players were hitting the ball. The defense did a very good job. I like the looks of this team, I think they will go places. If they take games like this one, and look at what they accomplished (and not at the final score), then, build on that accomplishment, they can become a great team. They are playing some very good ball teams and staying in the game with them. Eventually, RHS will be beating those good ball teams. Keep up the good work, guys!

RHSfan

5-4 Cumberland Co. Walk off hit in the bottom of the 7th inning for CCHS. Both teams started the game off with hot sticks, Rockwood scoring all 4 of its runs in the first 2 innings. For Rockwood, sophomore Matt Cook pitched the complete game, and did a marvelous job. After the 2nd inning Rockwood couldn't get multiple hits at a time, everything was too spaced out. Both teams hit the ball very hard, even on the outs made. Rockwood led the whole game until the bottom of the 7th.