Loudon Football

Guest TnCountryBoy

Neither of them would've been in top 4 last year, but year in and year out loudon would challenge for a top 4 spot, but lc no! Sweetwater has beat Gatlinburg Pittman the last 2 years 27-0, and 27-6, and I believe GP was pretty successful against that region in the play-offs. I also believe Oliver Springs has played lc and won each of the last 2 years. That is a tough region no doubt, but so is 2-2a.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 2 AAA is one of the if not the toughest region in the state.You have had the state champ(AE) and the team that should have been the state champ(Fulton) come from this region two years in a row.Also, you have Anderson Co. which should be a 4a school and Kingston who year in and year out are as tough as anybody.No disrespect to region 2 aa, but that is hard to match. Trojan42 scot we hope to do what you say at the very least. GO REDSKINS!!

Automatic, I beg to differ about the toughest region in the state. I will say that it's the toughest 3A region. That two state-conteders in a row stuff can't compare to region 3-4A.

powell- '91 (2A before 5 classifications)

clinton- '92 (3A before 5 classifications)

cleveland- '93,'94,'95 (when they were in 3-4A)

Halls- '96

maryville- '97,'98

central- '99

maryville- '00,'01,'02

If I'm not mistaken that's 12 state contenders in a row.

Hey Trojan,

I have not forgotten the stuff i'm supposed to send you. I had a problem finding the tape but now I have it and the head man is makeing a copy. Will be sending it on Thursday.

Sorry it took so long but too much fun growing up and too many dead brain cells now. I love people from Lenoir City. I don't know why they never mention that they won the Decathalon. Oh wait I know; NO ONE CARES. Why don't they mention soccer; Oh wait NO ONE CARES. Next year they will probably be the state checker champions. No wait; The board has 2 different color squares that is too confusing. But they can take pride in 1 thing; THEY HAVE MORE REDLIGHTS THAT ANY TOWN IN AMERICA. WHY: Beacause they don't have enough sense to stop or go withouit directions. By the way that glare comeing from Lenoir City High School is their empty trophy case.

dilweed3 I should have been more clear. I think our region is the toughest 3a region and tougher than a 2a region that cats1990 was talking about.Grizzley if you could get the legitimate numbers at anderson co. you would see why they should be 4a. Brokedown I give you a hardy amen for your post. GO REDSKINS!!

I would have to agree with automatic. If you check the numbers and add the vocational aspect of the school they are 4A. Also if Loudon (which deserves some credit for stepping up) would not count their vocational they would be 2A. I hope Anderson County stays in 3A and look forward to seeing them on Ae schedule each year. the same with Loudon. We come there this year. Roadrunners better be ready.

The vocational school in Anderson Co. is made up of both A.C.H.S. and Clinton H.S. students. The students are counted on the enrollment at each respective school. The bottom line is that the school system is like any other business. The more students, the more money you receive. Get over the belly-aching!