Williamson County Baseball Rankings

WesVLT

Posted by jacketpride24:

NUTS AND BOLTS, NUTS AND BOLTS, WE GOT SCREWED!!!! that's all i have to say about wesvols rankings, williamson vcounty seems to be ashamed if fairview does anything well at all. we had a good football team, one of the state's top wrestlers, and one the the best baseball teams and we can't get any respect. Wesvols i thought you aren't biased, well with these rankings you are, you can't expect Fairview to play the sechedule like these other teams, we just dont have eneough peopple at our school to choose from. good thing these polls mean nothing , we will porve you wrong. by the way private school have it easy getting to state wish we only had to win our district to get to state.

jacketpride, I completely respect your opinion and am glad you chose to respond to my poll. I have some responses that I hope will help you better understand my line of thinking:

1)Remember that it's just one guy's opinion. I am a Senior in high school. I am not an expert regarding baseball or Williamson County. While I am certainly an avid follower of high school sports who knows a thing or two about a lot of teams, please do not regard me as any kind of authority. The emotion with which you posted shows me that you think my rankings mean something. They don't, except to generate discussion.

2)I completely respect Fairview in all areas. I raved about Aaron Cothran in football, didn't really talk on the wrestling board, and have been quick to congratulate Fairview on their win over Brentwood. While I certainly believe they are one of 2A's stronger teams, I do not think they could compete day-in and day-out with the likes of Brentwood, BA, Centennial, and BGA. Could they win a few? Certainly. Would they finish in the top third of the standings? I don't think so. Brentwood's hitting is too powerful, Brentwood Academy has at least 5 guys on fire in any given game, Centennial has considerable depth, and BGA has a talented, well-coached squad. Fairview would be in the mix, but not in 1st, if they played every game against teams like these. This is the crux of my ranking, not ANY sort of disrespect for Fairview. I hope you guys win 2A. I hope you kill every other team. Go Fairview!! There, you see? I'm NOT biased towards anyone, as I clearly stated in my initial post.

3)I don't expect Fairview to play the most difficult schedule in the county. I realize that you're in 2A, and that as a result you'll play and easily beat many 2A teams. Furthermore, I commend you for taking on teams like Brentwood in your non-district schedule. Still, while I don't expect Fairview to play the schedule of a 3A or D2 team, the fact remains that you didn't do so. Hence, a 24-5 2A team is not necessarily better than a 27-9 3A team or a 21-10 D2 team (Brentwood and BA, respectively).

4)Your statement about private schools having it easy is not only irrelevant to your argument, but is not true. While it would appear that D2 schools have an easier journey to state, it is important to remember that D2 has many of the toughest teams in the state. The Middle Region alone has four very strong teams -- BA, MBA, BGA, and Father Ryan -- one of whom will not make state even though it probably could do so in any other classification (except maybe 3A). Competing in the Middle Region is a very difficult task, and is yet another reason why BA and BGA are ranked ahead of Fairview.

I'm not trying to persuade you towards my point of view; I simply desire to lucidly define where I stand. Thanks for listening and commenting on the poll. Best of luck to Fairview and to all the teams in the county. I hope to see state titles come to Tennessee's best county this year!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is understandable wesvols, i am not trying to rag on you,fairview is just get tired of not getting respect same for page, page had a great girls basketball team this season and i never heard a word about them. but i respect your work you do on here wesvols its amazing. just thought you did a better job in football than in baseball

Look genius when did ravenwood beat fairview? oh wait yeah that was in preseason so that means JACK. Fairview is currently 25-6 and is playing for a regional berth tomorrow, where are half the williamson co. teams at home of course. so dont say ravenwood beat fairview unless we play a reg season game against you guys.

Also, Ravenwood & Page never played in the regular season. The Ravenwood victory was in a preseason game. I haven't read all the posts in here so I will reserve my comments. Fairview does deserve more respect though as I expect them to advance to the regionals and easily beat the district 10AA team that they will face.

OK FOLKS... Brentwood is Hands down the best team in Williamson County... they beat Centinial 4 times, and if they wud have pitched Lee or Williams, they wud have run ruled BA.. and by the way Ravenwood beat Fairvew and Page

DWill, not only is your post a little disrespectful towards my Eagles, but is also pretty inaccurate. Brentwood Academy beat Oakland 4-1, who I believe topped you guys 14-0. Regardless of who BHS or Oakland pitched, it is clear that they had a pretty good game against you guys; yet when they pitched their #2 guy against us we hit him pretty hard. Furthermore, while it is certainly justifiable for you to assume that Brentwood would beat BA since you probably play for BHS, it isn't likely that you could run-rule the Eagles. They are one of the best teams in D2 and have beaten some fine squads from other classifications. I hope the Bruins win AAA this year, and I wouldn't mind it if you claimed that you could beat the Eagles. I just know you couldn't put up 10 on us in 5 innings.

OK FOLKS... Brentwood is Hands down the best team in Williamson County... they beat Centinial 4 times, and if they wud have pitched Lee or Williams, they wud have run ruled BA.. and by the way Ravenwood beat Fairvew and Page

In baseball you have more than 1 pitcher, that makes your team better. If you want to state that you could beat BA with your best pitcher thats fun. but until you can win other games wtih other pitchers, your not a better team. dont talk so much trash when you lost to the eagles.