Portland/Howard Details

bball2414

Corey Brewer finished with a game high 35pts. double figure rebounds and 7 assists. John Ferguson had 18pts. and double figure rebounds. DeAndre Adams had 18 pts. for Portland. These guys gave Howard fitts. Howard's Sir Lee Mason is like a miniature Iverson, he can't weigh more than 100lbs. He is a good player. Howard had nothing to stop Portlands size. Porland has a tough one against Defending state champs Ridgeway 2:30 Fri.

I felt Portland came out ready to play, Brewer and Fergerson led the way. Poor scouting from Howard's coaching staff! They shouldn't have waited so late to throw the press at the Panthers. Portland's guards played a GREAT first quater and IMO it was downhill from there. Deandre had 18pts (Probably a season high), but he had 9 turnovers to 2 assist. Smith stayed in foul trouble, but luckily the twin towers came ready to play. Props goes out to Brewer and Fergerson. John I know you will get some attention now, Tech is willing to offer a walk on, plus I'm sure you can get some academic $$$. It all depends on what you want... I'm sure many DII/NAIA schools will offer you a full ride, so the ball is in your court. Best of luck with your decision, and with the tournament games. Nice to see Kentucky's Assisstant, Buzz, and Stallings in the crowd to watch Portland's Corey Brewer drop 35 points.