Refs win a great game tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gomab2

Guest PLAYFAIR

IT ALSO GOES ON IN THE GIRL'S TOURNAMENT TOO.THEY KEEP THESE GAMES CLOSES AND HERE COMES THE BAD CALLS,AROUND THE 3RD AND 4TH QUARTER.I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THIS TOURNAMENT CAN'T BE PLAYED FAIR.IT JUST ONLY A KID'S GAME.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not ragging anyone,i didnt start the thread.Matter a fact,READ THE TITLE" Refs Win game tonight".. I dont understand how you can say that he isnt implying Bradley Wouldnt have won without the ref's... You cant expect to title a thread like that and not get negative responses.

I would like to mention the intentional foul that was called after the tech's. A guy reaching in is not an intentional foul.The Hamilton player did not grab the guy. There were also a couple of situations were a Bradley player & a Hamilton player got tangled up and the foul was given to the Hamilton guy. Why not give a double tech or a warning to each player.

Don't be naive Pantherbert. He doesn't have a big neon flashing light over his door saying recruiting office now open. He doesn't have to. He is not the only one down in Memphis either. All of those big kids just show up at Hamilton because of his coaching ability. Funny how Carver, South Side, Kirby, North Side and Kingsbury have been down for a while to name a few. Oh yeah, Kingsbury lost their recruiting coordinator to Mitchell. Nice Freshman class. Speaking of coaching, it sure was nice of Johnson to call those timeouts for Temple's offensive possessions that set up those nice inbounds baskets.

volntn - what Gomab is saying by the title is not that the refs cost a team the game. He's saying that the refs interfered too heavily on the game too much to the credit of themselves (the refs) instead of letting the teams play basketball. He's saying basicaly that the refs got to involved into the game. If gomab was a disgruntled fan wanting to lash out, he would have title it in one of these ways:

1. Bradley wins, thanks to the refs

2. Bradley pays refs (a favorite title of many)

3. Hamilton really won, refs cheated

Trust me, I don't see gomab as ranting and raving about Hamilton losing. I see him more angered at incessant fouls called that didn't let the kids play basketball. And gomab even realized that, Hey Bradley was up by 6 and probably would have won anyway. He just wants to see good, fair basketball games.

;)

Gomab, I've read many of your post and you seem to have insite to Tn.HS basketball. However you cannot make statements like you have made in this thread without taking from Bradley's win. So if you really "don't want to take anything away from Bradley", just hush!

[Edited by swish1 on 3-22-03 12:20A]

All I am saying is the gomab's group says the refs had a bad game -- the group I am with says the ref's did a good job. Some people in my group have been coming to games for years and many respect their basketball opinions.

Gomab is considered unbiased, I would put members of my group in the same category - they are unbiased also and had no favorite in the game.

Yes, there were some missed calls - there always are -- the only real question my goup had was the intentional foul.

I dont know what thread you are reading,I never said he was a hamilton fan.. I was just trying to understand his TITLE. I am a Bear,Bleeding Black and Gold,an alum,and season ticket holder,so dont expect me not to repsond to a thread about my Bear's.