Refs win a great game tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gomab2

In what could have been a CLASSIC tonight pitting Bradley and Hamilton, the Refs actually decided the win.... I love Bradley's team, and Hare and Pickel were amazing, and deserved the win, but I wish the refs had not decided the game. I was for BC coming in (as I picked them in the finals), but I have not seen a MORE ONE SIDED OFFICIATED GAME in high school basketball than this game. This came to a pinacle with a 6 point BC lead, and a clean steal by Hamilton's Shawne Williams, who started a 2 on 1 break to cut the lead to 4 with lots of time left. After two dribbles, a ref blows his whistle, and actually calls a foul on Williams, which may have been the worst single call I have ever witnessed. Then the ref has the audacity, after a badly blown call, to give a Tech to Hamilton's coach. THEN, after all of this, they give another Tech, which was uncalled for after such a heinous officiating mistake, which gave Bradley 6, yes 6!!, free throws, and the ball, which could have turned into a 10 POINT SWING, and actually turned into an 8 point swing. The game was now over, and Hamilton, though they had no chance from the refs all game, now was completely out of the game......

This was HEINOUS tonight. I don't want to take anything away from Bradley, who is a great team, and would have had a great chance to win in a fair game. Bradley has earned everything they have gotten. Hamilton, unfortunately, did not earn their terrible fate.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on man,the coach was yelling at the refs at the top of his lungs,thats why the T's were called.You know that..AFter the first T,he still wouldnt shutup after they gave him about 30 seconds to do so.Everyone Bradley Beats starts screaming how the Ref's gave it away,i mean come on,we all know good things happen to good teams,and blaming it on officiating isnt very sportsman like.

The calls would not have mattered,Bradley was and is allot better TEAM than anyone they have faced so far.Just 5 guys playing ball better than any other 5 people they face.Why would the refs be for Bradley?,thats ludicrious.

Every game has bad calls and missed calls,after they beat white station i guess the ref's can claim the Gold Ball.

[Edited by volntn on 3-21-03 11:25P]

I already said I don't want to take anything away from Bradley, but this was simply the worst officiated high school game I have ever seen. Simply put. No ref should give one Tech, more or less two, for such a heinously blown call as the one at hand. I haven't blamed one game on refs this whole HS season, but this was absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great game by Bradley, though.

Why is it that the losing team always loses because of the refs. The play before the one in question, Bradley was called for a technical when the player had been knocked all over the floor, not once but twice -- then a phanthom call on Bradley -- then the technical.

On the Hamilton double technical on the bench -- the official HAS to make the first call - the coach was all the way on the floor shouting at the official -- then the official gave him every opportunity to stop yelling but he didn't -- thus the second technical.

You may say this is the worst called game you have seen and I saw it just the opposite-- guess it is all in the eyes of the beholder.

Come on... Suiter tripped Williams, then complained and complained, then slapped the floor on top of it to get the tech. Obvious.....

I was nuetral to this game. I was actually for Bradley at the beginning, and really like Pickell's game. But...simply put, this was a catastrophy as far as officiating goes (everyone around me agreed, including a number of EAST Tn fans, along with other nuetral fans)....

Really, it was bad.

I have heard the same thing all year yellow dog,It started with the First Cleveland Game,Cleveland fans Blaming it on refs,then Mcminn,then Chattanooga Central and Soddy daisy.The list goes on and on.

Just tired of hearing it,why was the Bradley Techincal not viewed a "Blown Call"?The Only Two losses BC had in Pre-season Tourny's were 2 and 4 point games,you didnt hear any Bradley Fans blaming the ref's.

Ok, guys. Gomab's said twice he wasn't blaming the refs tonight for the loss. Bradley was up by 6, gosh!!! He was just saying that bad calls by the ref's tonight cost Hamilton the chance at staying IN THE GAME. I trust almost anything gomab says, because he is about the most unbiased, most knowledgeable poster on this board. QUIT RAGGING GOMAB. He doesn't mean it the way you interpret what he says.