Refs win a great game tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gomab2

From what i seen, and i had a very good view..Hamilton played a very good and agressive defense. Thats why alot of fouls were called on them. They could not adjust. The coach deserved to get ejected, he was all over the ref. And the intentionally fouling got worse after he was ejected. In my opinion, one and possibly two players should have been ejected also. There is a difference in letting the teams play, and letting the game get out of hand where someone gets hurt. Bottom line...Hamilton's coach and players lost control of their tempers!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gomab

How can you get on here and say the refs cost Hamilton the game?? How about the 25-30 times down the court Hamilton just threw a shot up without even looking at the goal. If anything wasnt called it was the numerous (and I mean numerous no calls for memphis) #14 handchecked everyone he guarded all night..

You know as well as I do Memphis plays that aggressive defense and if you get the refs that will call it, then Memphis is in trouble..

You as a coach know after you have received the 1st tech you SHUT UP!! He pushed it he wanted the 2nd T..What I dont understand is the neither assistant coach got up and tried to calm him down before he got 2nd (Which is why I think he wanted so he could get out of that game)!!

HERE ARE MY STATE FINAL PREDICTIONS:

WEST TN SHUT!!

Brentwood Aca. Wins DII

Temple Wins A

Giles Wins AA

Bradley Wins AAA

;)

Guest justasportsfan

A couple of questionable calls aside, how about the play of Kellen Pickel in the two games thus far. Justin Hare was well known coming in, but Pickel has taken the game over with rebounds, steals, shooting and especially his ability to dish the ball to the open men.

There may have been a couple of breaks, but the overall game was very nice to watch...and I am a teacher (retired coach) at another school in the state.

Natural.....I never said the refs cost Hamilton the game. They cost Hamilton a chance at the game. I picked Bradley to win, and think they would have in a fair game, but by a bucket or two at most. You're right, Hamilton played completely stupid for much of the game, shooting treys instead of taking advantage of their height advantage.... Nonetheless, the officiating was terrible, absolutely terrible. And how can you complain about this phantom hand-checking you're complaining about??? #14 played great defense all night, beating Hare to the spot often, yet Hare shot 22 (!!!) free throws... How many more free throws do you want Hare to take, Natural????

Also, very true... Hare and Pickell really played big time ball last night. Very impressive!!!

Gomab,

I know what you are saying. I did not watch the game you were talking about but I did see games the day before. BC can shoot the lights out at times. But the BC-G'ville game was also decided by the refs. BC may have still won the game but whether it is intentional or not the refs were horrible and decided the game. How many freethrows did each team shoot that game? How many fouls were called on each team? It was not all that bad at first, but the second half was terrible. I do know that many games are decided by the refs and not allowed to run their course. That will always be that way unless something changes within the TSSAA. There needs to be random people throughout the stands who grade them. If they do terrible, their pay is cut. I was recently an official high school sports in Tennessee. At discussions in the meetings you could tell that most of the officials had to stop and ask directions on how to get out of their driveways.

Gomab,

I didnt see a single player on Hamilton's team play defense.. They would ALL let their man go by (Williams was the worst)...

"Phantom" Hand checking.. I consider if a player has his Hand on the offense players hip the entire time up the court (EVERYTIME UP THE COURT): Hand checking.. Hey maybe some coaches teach players to use their hands on defense and not slide their feet and get in correct position. I would say for Hare shooting 22 FT's PLAY DEFENSE!!! Dont reach... Slide your feet and get in position.. You can not tell me that the Hamilton players played MAN-MAN defense up to your standards..

HEY!!

3-3 so far!!

WEST TN SHUTOUT!!!

COME ON BC BRING HOME THE GOLD BALL!!!

Just think if the rest of the state had open enrollment like Shelby County!!! WOW!!

Posted by NightStalker:

Funny how Carver, South Side, Kirby, North Side and Kingsbury have been down for a while to name a few.

Carver, Northside, and Kirby have been down for a while? If 20 wins is down, I want to know what good is. Carver and Northside are ALWAYS good, but I'll give you Kirby, usually.

Why are teams down for years? Same reason rural teams are down for years...bad coaching and/or bad talent.

The ref's calls were very much in favor of White Station in the final game as their players pushed, went over the backs, etc. However, unlike teams that Bradley has beaten, Bradley players, coaches and fans will not blame the refs for the loss. Bradley was outplayed in the final game as the shot a very poor percentage from the floor, had too many turnovers, etc. White Station is a great team. They deserved the win, though I would question many calls that were made and "not made." Just as Bradley deserved the win against Hamilton. They outplayed them. No matter what the coach feels about a call, he should not react and act in the manner that the Hamilton coach did. He really should have been T-d up earlier than he was. Yes the refs missed some calls, like the ones where the Hamilton players shoved Bradley ones out of bounds (no call). But Kent Smith held his composure. A coach must do that. No, the refs didn't blow the game, the coach did. Actually, nobody blew the game. Bradley won it. Just as they won the Greenville game and the Cleveland ones earlier. Yes, It is real funny that wherever Bradley plays and wins, the other team wants to blame the refs. Does Bradley have that many connections in that many different areas of the state. I think not!! I don't think Gomab was blaming the refs for the game, but some of the rest of these posts saying that that is why Greenville lost too and that Hamilton lost because of refs, etc. are uncalled for. Congrats to Bradley and to White Station for a great year. WS has a great team. I just hope we have the opportunity to meet them again sometime.

[Edited by tnwareagle on 3-23-03 1:48P]