Top players in state tournament

eyeonu

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric Howard should have been the State MVP, not just on the All-state team. He was the man for Giles all weekend, and almost single-handidly beat Haywood....

Vince Redd was GREAT. I was very impressed by him. He would have been a very good Mid Major D-1 player had he not gone football...

Corey Brewer was the best player in the State tourney, hands down. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wadele Williams was outstanding as well, and CLEARLY deserves the AAA Mr Basketball award. He actually carried Columbia to a second half lead against White Station...

Ricky Harper and Sir Lee Mason of Howard were very, very special...

Rodney Chatman of Haywood Co may have been the best Jr PG I saw all weekend long. The kid is amazing...

Wicke was awesome...

Pickell was great... as was Hare...

Skogen was very good, as was his younger bro...

Gomab I could not have said that better myself you get a good mark even though you dont need anymore.

I told you about my boy redd, but I know that was the first time you saw him. I set in front of you at the Etown game. Coach Shulman could be a VT guy in a couple of weeks.

Good luck with AAU and I found out today that if Virgina lets redd he is playing AAU.

[Edited by CoachSH on 3-23-03 10:08P]

I really enjoyed watching Wadele this year. I so badly wished Columbia could have joined Giles Co in the finals.

I heard from some of the players that our team went over to Columbia's locker room and got them hype after we beat Haywood. Whatever they did worked because Wadele WILLED his team that game.