Stratford news

coachtut

Broome and Bodenhamer got smart.Caesar, what do you think about the hiring practices used by Metro. Also , what are the criteria they use, since the most knowledgeable is not always the choice.Broome and Bodenhamer just realized that at this time they need to stay where they are.

[Edited by fb247 on 4-6-03 5:31P]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What type of waves are you talking about. I understand insubordinate behavior,but sometimes I think it is a person that is not a threat that is wanted.Also, I think that if possible Metro should hire within. There are enough good coaches inside.Coaching in Metro is different than in outlining counties as you stated. Why bring in from outside?

I agree that the choice has been made.It would have been made before the interviews, if the others had applied.I am totally supportive of the new coach, and hope he does well,I just hope he has a chance.Thank you for validating what I've been telling others, that footbll is not what the job is all about.Do you think Metro really cares about athletics, or it just a necessary evil that has to be included.Some would not care athletics were done away with. Thanks for your response.Also, would you agree that sometimes a coach can make some nervous,know what Imean.

[Edited by fb247 on 4-7-03 8:17A]

I do not know what criteria is being used, based on your prior post. If football is it ,then Murray is coach. If age and race is it then Johnson is coach. If being a diplomat is it then Atkins is coach. My choice would be Murray, but if principal alone chooses then either would be picked, however I will go with Atkins.Whoever gets the job needs to learn how to play the game,I'm not talkimg football either. Also know what to say and not to say, and watch your back at all times, stay alert.

:)

Caesar, I'M glad Smith didn't get the job!YOu hurt his feeling, He tells me to invite you to one of their unorganized practices to see how things work in Ezell land.The powers that be did not want Smith in Metro because everyone would have to learn how to play pass defense on a play other than the buck sweep bootleg and the belly pass...I' m sure my net force friends will void this message but know that the truth will sometime come out! Be careful because one day Smith will sneak into the five A ranks, someone will make a mistake....throw the ball, not a chance in metro...caesar, I hope the job for Stratford stays open all spring because that will give you something to do....Smith asks you come out to Ezell and let's sit down and talk about all your charges..he would love to meet you face to face and to stop hiding behind your computer!!!!None of the comments made above were meant in a smart way

Thank you Caesar for again being the bigger man and taking the high rode.....the decision was made before the interviews were even conducted....and that is a shame....you are right on one thing though....any hire in metro is political, nothing to do with x's and O's,it does hurt me greatly to hear that we take athletes away from the fine metro school system, and it is really a good system except for some of their hiring processes....I hope who ever goes to Stratford will stay and build the school back up to what it used to be....