ALL STATE SELECTIONS

OS91

There might be different voters for the two awards- Miss Basketball and All State thus you would have voters that might not take into consideration who won Miss Basketball and put the best 5 players they think represented Tennessee.

There are often times where a player will receive an award such in college basketball as say National Player of the Year, however wont even be their conference player of the year.

There are always going to be difference of opinions and voters arent't excluded from varying opinions thuse sometimes creating conflicting results. As you mentioned, player position plays a role in the selection, however not necessarry - look at the second team as it has 3 players of the same position.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many different reasons voters may pick one player over the other. But if they were to put the 5 best players in the state on the 1st team, regardless of position, it wouldve been listed as below.

Sade Buley-South Doyle

Ashleigh Newman-Shelbyville

Ashleigh Shields-Melrose

Krystal Horton-Riverdale

Alex Fuller-Shelbyville

Dont get me wrong I am a huge fan of Sade buley, however she didnt have the junior year many had expected. She was injured some and didnt post the numbers she did as a sophomore. However, I agree with you- Sade has more potential for the next level than any player regardless of class this year in the state of TN.

Her Athleticism is scary.

Mid-state honorable mentioned for girls all-state team and the order the Tennessean had them in.

Abby Fanning-Moore Co., Ashley Taylor-Cookeville, Dana Carrigan-Beech, Kristen Archie-Father Ryan, Kari Maddox-Beech, Mariska Reed-Ezell Harding, Michelle Street-FRA, Alyssa Bowman and Marissa Hensley-Jackson Co., Ashley Helton-Lawrence Co., Brooke Diamond-Brentwood, Tish Pilkerton-Father Ryan, Veronica Pike- FRA, Tay Brogdon, Brentwood, Holly Wright-Celina, Brandi Brown-York, Michelle Snow-Clarkrange, Cara Reed- Cookeville,Milissa Hodge-Santa Fe, Jennifer Moore-Hampshire, C'Kala Humes and megan Anderson-Spring Hill, Stacey Myers and Amy Beavers- Wayne Co., Adria Matney-Summertown, Holly Turnbow, Perry Co., Julie Richardson-Lincoln Co., Brittni Tennison-Lewis Co., Robin Leslie-Giles Co., Julie Jones-Forrest, Jenne Webb and Taran Hayes-Oakland, Sarah Karper and Brittney Rigsby-Eagleville, Oliva Snyder and Ashley Nichols-Cannon Co., Nikki Hughes and Alana Hicks-Blackman, Kelci Peck-Smyrna, Mosheda Pettus and Andrea Dowell-Riverdale, Raquel Roper-LaVergne. I hope I didn't leave anyone out. :D

Guest BHS37075

"Congrats" to all the girls selected! This was a honor and each girl had to work hard and be committed to her team! I wish you all bright futures, wherever and whatever, you chose to do in your life! Great Going Girls!! :):)

Posted by tn33:

could someone please list the honorable mention for east tenn. thank-you

It was in Friday's (3/28/03) edition of the Maryville Daily Times - not as an article but on the stats and summary page.

Call or check library. TSWA All State is on this site and is in the stats section of the Knoxville News Sentinel, Wed (4/02/03) edition.

[Edited by TdTbb on 4-2-03 8:26A]

I thought that since teams like Santa Fe, Summertown, Perry Co., and Wayne Co. all had 'honorable mentions' on the Middle TN All-State Honorable Mention Team, that maybe smaller school than that with good players should have some too. It really surprised me that all these schools had a nominee. I thought for sure that Frank Hughes would get an Honorable Mention. Whether it was Watson or Allen. I think one of them should have been mentioned.