Who was the all-time greatest at your school?

Cam

Obviously you never saw the Cannon play. He could and would score from anywhere after crossing half court. I think 2,000 is a LOW estimate of the points he would have scored had the 3-point arc been in high school basketball back then. (It was installed in '87, Cannon won a state championship basically by himself (scoring) for his Dad in '86.)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redupset, I believe John CAYLOR is correct. Graduated in '86 and played at Auburn. 6'7" and had guard skillls. He hit a 3 late in a game to beat Kentucky one year. If my memory serves me right he sat out one year or part of the year because of blood clot in his arm. Very good player who would have benefited greatly from the 3-point line. (Not in high school ball till '87.)

Guest proballer72

no doubt about it, when it comes the dirtiest, scrapiest player in the history of tn b-ball, jerry meyer is undoubtly the best. if you want to talk range, well, he was in range the second he walked in the gym. he hit some tough times in college that stunted what would have been a stockton-like nba career. i once saw him bank it off the ceiling in the old lipscomb gym twice in a row. that's like old pistol pete mythology. i'm sure if this is true, but i heard he would play one half of the court right-handed and the other left-handed. truely, he has earl "the goat" mystique.

I believe that the Whitby's, Cannon and Denver, had about the best shooting range I have ever seen in person. But I would pick Trey Pearson of South Fulton as tops to ever play for an Obion County School. He hold the record for most points scored in a state tournament game (50), which was previously held by Mike Rhodes of Perry County (49).