Beech-MJ score

redbaron515

What errors are you talking about. In the last inning I believe one was a deflection off the third baseman glove. Then a slap to the 1st baseman that was probably only 6-8 ft away that handcuffed her. Then intentional walk then a basehit. I agree they did not hit well but I believe the gray girl pitched a great game. The tying run was a bloop hit that the centerfielder dove for and came up short. Beech had 2 great plays from the shortstop and left fielder best I have seen in a while. They still will go pretty far but on this day they just got beat.

Sorry, I didn't mean to touch on a nerve. I just explained how they lost. I guess 2 dropped flyballs in your book are not errors that is like giving them 5 outs in the 6th inning. All I was saying is, it was there game to win by just closing it out. You are correct in talking about the 2 plays 1 at short and 1 in the outfield, they were some of the best plays I have seen in a long time from a defesive stand point. MJ's pitcher did a great job, she kept them in the game and there bats came alive in the 9th.

ok GV, this is what it said:

Beech 10000000 - 1 4 2

Mt. Juliet 00000101 - 2 4 2

WP - Gray (2-3), LP Claunch (7-1)

Records-Mt.Juliet (6-9), 3-3 District 9-AAA), Beech (18-3,

5-1)

"Susan Gray hit a ball to the fence with the bases loaded

in the bottom of the ninth inning to score Rachel Moya and

give the Lady Bears an impressive upset over Beech. Gray

went the distance on the mound for Mt.Juliet., while Crystal

Stanfield went eight strong innings for Beech".

This is word for word from the Tennessean, so you know they

had the Beech pitcher's name wrong in the last sentence,

which means whomever faxed it in to the paper had it wrong.

:)

Ok FP, and in no way am I trying to take anything away from MtJuliet nor its palyers. What the paper is not telling everyone is that there was 2 dropped balls in the outfield in the 6th that would have ended the inning without any run scoring. Also, the bases got loaded up by the Beech coaches in the 9th. The winning hit was a thing of beauty good line shot to right. The infield and outfield was playing up. And I don,t know who Crystal Stanfield is.

[Edited by govolz on 4-1-03 1:48P]

I couldn't see the fly ball down the right field line. The fly ball to left hit in the palm of the glove and came out. It was a error. It let the tying run score in the bottom of the sixth inning. It would have been the third out if it had been caught. MJ may have scored the next inning and won the game, maybe not. The cat was let out of the bag by the dropped ball. Thats softball. Its not over till its over. Congratulations to the MJ girls. Good win. Very good game by MJ's third baseman.

Why are you people arguing about the errors. Anyone who was there knows what happened. Mt. Juliet played about the best they can and Beech was flat with the bats. This type of stuff happens during the course of a 40-50 game season. All I am saying is let's talk in about a month and see who is doing what. You know what I mean?