Westview-Martin

ELA

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest truth531

It's funny how losing only 2 players can affect a team so much.Losing 2 pitchers like Lester and Dobson has really affected this squad.I guess they were carrying them all these years.

That's a pretty stupid statement. Sounds like someone got a new post name.

Westview has lost several key players over the last few seasons, not just last year.

What Lester and Dobson brought to the table were their arms. You have to have pitching, and, right now, Westview doesn't have it. They are very young all over the diamond and they have ONE pitcher. I hear they are waiting for two more to materialize.

Westview has 8 solid kids that are capable of hitting the ball hard, the problem is they have 1 stud horse on the hill, and then some young mules. Give them about two more weeks, and see if the young ones come around. Come tourney time, no one will want to face Laney, and if someone else can step it up and just throw strikes, they will be fine.

[Edited by WesCharge on 4-3-03 9:44A]

The Westview boys are just off to a slow start. By the time tournaments come around, they should be a solid team. They do have talent, they just havent gotten into their groove yet. Good luck guys!!!

10, 3, and 11 are my heroes!!!!!!

Good luck Grant, Andy, and Rich!!!!!!

Martin's team isn't that bad, but they're not that great either. But I can guarantee, with the talent that they do have, they will be a tough team to beat in the next couple of years. We've (Milan) played Westview twice this year beating them both times. The first game we completely dominated, but the second time we played them, it seemed that they had improved a lot, because they gave us a run for our money. And about they're pitching, Laney is a good pitcher...but against us he showed nothing on the hill. But I have seen him pitch against other teams, and he did do a good job. And I've also seen two others pitch....#11 and I saw a lefty yesterday....who could be good, just needs some work on mechanics. :D

As for now, Paul Slack will be the coach next year. There are several teaching positions open at Westview. If one is filled by a football/baseball coach, Slack will more than likely be left out. This will be the case unless something out of the ordinary happens because Coach Coady is short 3 people on his staff. If not, the job will probably be his next year if he wants it.

The door is still open for Coach Tritt at Humboldt if he chooses to return next year. If not, Coach Scott will replace him.