PICKETT COUNTY!

Guest ashballley

Guest patpat

I heard that if a certain coach is hired from within, half the girls are quitting and several of the starters on the boys team are transfering to York. Anyone know about this?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest patpat

well, for example, if that coach is already the girls' coach and half of them are ready to quit right now, if he's both the girls and boys coach, there is going to be a lot of upset people.

The job hasn't even been posted yet so alot of candidates haven't applied. In response to Coach Mitchell coming back, I doubt it. For one, I don't think he would be a candidate, and if he was I don't think he would accept if. Brent and Eric did a great job getting the program where it is now and any coach who lands this job will be in a good situation. Luke Mason will be the only sr who played alot next year, but i think Dustin Mitchell should see alot of minutes next year. He's like 6'4 and would give alot of rebounds and a great shot blocker. I also think Lance Staton will play alot next year. He brings explosiveness to the team and would fit in well with the fast paced tempo we play. Other than that, the core of Bailey, Mason, Groce and wright will just be jr's. Gary wright will be ready to play alot next year too.The team should compete for a state championship again.