Riverdale..Just a Local Powerhouse

WarriorFan

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon do your research please!! There have been 4 teams in the state to make the USA Today Top 25 and be rated in the Top 10. Brentwood Acad in 88 was #8, 95 was #6, and 96 was #7. The next team was indeed Jefferson Co who was ranked #4 at the end of the 87 season.(Notice that is the highest of any TN team) In 2000 Red Bank ended the season #10. And can you believe Riverdale was #9 at the end of the 94 season. Looks to me that puts them on the National Level. No MBA in the final Top 10.

Brandon100, I understand what you are tryng to say about teams needing to play tougher schedules. But I'll Be honest with you, I would LOVE for my team (Blackman) to be THE "local powerhouse." Even though we have started to build a tradition as a winning football team in only 2 years of varsity football, we still have never beaten Riverdale in 4 tries. We came very close twice during the playoffs the past 2 years, but Riverdale managed to pull it together and win. Riverdale players wear rings on their fingers, which I would love to have. They got them from being the STATE champs in 2001. It doesn't matter if they were ranked 1st in the nation, you don't get a ring, or trophy, or anything else for being ranked in the USA top 25. I know I'd be just fine with being the STATE champsions. Here is a little fact: after the 2001 season, Riverdale was ranked in the nation. They were either 6th or 7th, I'm not 100% sure. I don't think MBA or BA were ranked at all that year, and if they were, they weren't ranked as good as Riverdale. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that you don't have to play out of state teams just to be a national contender. By the way, I don't eat at Sonic twice a week.

RIVEDALE, it sure is weird taking up for my arch rival. I guess the Boro teams are all like brothers. We all can talk trash about each other, but once some other teams talk bad about one of us, we all take up for each other.

Lets Go Murfreesboro: Blackman, Oakland, siegel, Riverdale (I can't believe I just said Rivedale.)

Lets Go 4-5A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BHSOL, it appears that RollRedRoll came up with the info we were looking for. USAToday only has Riverdale finishing in the top 25 one time in the history of the poll, and that was in 1994. What about that "little known" fact you gave in your last post about Riverdale being ranked in the final poll in 2001? I can assure you that BA has been in this poll many more times than 3. What matters is where you finish. If you lose one game, you normally get dropped.

[Edited by Brandon100 on 4-4-03 8:27P]

[Edited by Brandon100 on 4-4-03 9:25P]

ShaggyJ, I have gladly given you a good mark because very few people understand what I am talking about. There is much bigger fish outside of Riverdale's region. These folks are way too close minded to get the big picture.. The nationally ranked teams, year end and year out go out of state to play competition, and I am not just talking about "Fern Bank, KY" like Riverdale schedules. These nationally ranked teams are both public and private schools. They come from "rich" areas and "poor" areas, white collar and blue collar. You guys that think Riverdale's region is "the stuff" are wrong. Broaden your perspectives. You are the same kind of guys that have the only dream in life of getting an MTSU degree because it is close to home, when you could go to UT Knoxville or elsewhere. Interestingly enough, I have a degree from MTSU, so don't call me elitist. The reason why I went there, though, was not so I could go back home on the weekends to hang out with my friends. It was what I could afford after graduating from BA. I am proud to be a Raider.

[Edited by Brandon100 on 4-4-03 9:19P]

[Edited by Brandon100 on 4-4-03 9:41P]

[Edited by Brandon100 on 4-4-03 10:00P]

Brandon100,

I don't really care if Riverdale plays every game out of state(I'm from McMinn County). Fact of the matter is, THEY ARE A GREAT TEAM. As for your earlier post about the military going to war to see if they are the best....not the greatest time to make a stupid statement like that! I served for 4 years in the army, and I can promise you that we don't go to war to "test ourselves". Think about what you say before you say it. Also if you want Riverdale to play teams from california, alabama, and such, then put them on your charter jet, fly them all out there, and play the game. We should all live in such an imaginary world.