• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best player on the floor that night at Riverdale.Put a show

on for Coach Insell and his coaches.They couldn't beleive

she wasn't starting.That's coming from Shelbyville people,

state champions,they might know a little.Took Hacker out

with 3 minutes and before she got back in,we were 6 behind.

Coach Hess admitted to the girls he made a mistake.I respect

him for that.

hacker was a great player, but if they needed her so much how did they win 27 games? The girls that started was the right line up. Hess started his best players. Hacker was good if she was hitting. If not she didn't do anything. I have seen some of their gaurds go 0 for 10 but still bust their butts on defense and make up for it. She will be missed but like someone said earlier, if she isn't having fun then she made the right choice. I do hate to see her go.

I would have started over over Sunday. People say how good Sunday is but she is too weak and intimidated too easily. Yea, she is the tallest player on the team but I'd say she is pretty close to being one of the weakest. Hacker was a strong player that wasnt going to take anything off of anyone. She played post, point, and a guard. What more could you ask?

I was actually commenting on what you said about last year's team being 1 and 6 against good AAA teams.

But with the situation with Hacker, I personally think the same philosophy should apply. You have to look to the future and plan with what you have. I agree that she was a great player with huge possibilities, but she has made a decision, and that should be respected. The rest of the girls will come together and do great. People decide to stop playing basketball all the time for whatever reason, and most teams end up adjusting just fine. I know she would have gave them more threats on both ends of the court, but it will be fun to see just who will step up in her place, don't you think? Just my opinion. :)

I have just learned tonight that Hacker quit the team. That's going to be a big blow. I could see her scoring 15-18 points per game. That will be hard to replace. She was the best player on the team last year. She would have been by far the best player this year. It's a shame.

I think she should have started last year. I would have started her in place of either Farley or Anderson. Farley made too many bad decisions, and Anderson was too inconsistent. She would follow a 20-point game with a 3-point game. Hacker brought it every time I saw her play. Somebody questioned her defense in an earlier post. She would have probably played harder if she had known she wasn't going to get pulled out after a couple of minutes. If she quit because of PT, it's Hess' fault. If she quit because of burnout, she needed to. A player who doesn't have her heart in it isn't good for the team.

She will be missed more than people think. I know talent when I see it. Hacker is the real deal. She makes it look easy. She's the only D-1 talent Sparta has. Lewis is JUCO at best. Sunday's future is in volleyball. Sparta is really going to miss Hacker if she doesn't come back.