MOON SHOTS!!!

OSCARtheGROUCH

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WBdog44

Michael Wilke for Wartburg, his sophomore year, hit one against Knox Catholic at Knox Catholic. They had power lines over the edge of the field, and the ball CLEARED the POWERLINES and kept on going. It's the most incredible hit I've ever seen in my life. Probably somewhere around 400 to 450 ft (just guessing)

Guest Westtnbaseball

A few years back i saw Michael Huntley hit the ball so far that it went over 2 fences and bounced and hit a car on the highway and the first fence was 370 so i know it had to be at least 480 feet

I hit a few in my day. I grauated in 1998 from Seymour. There were many I hit over the light poles, one memorable one was against Gibbs. The farthest i have ever hit one though is over the scoreboard at bill meyer stadium back in '96. I did have one measured in college ball that landed between the 60 and 70 yard line of the football pratice field just behind left field. It measured out to about 505-520. The pitcher was blowin' about 94 so that helped quit a bit. On top of that I am about 6'3" and 275 so I should be hitting that far. I think it is amazing to watch the small guys hit bombs. I saw plenty at the college level. It was awesome.

[Edited by bigcat33 on 4-5-03 8:28P]