MOON SHOTS!!!

OSCARtheGROUCH

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

400 feet that is nothing, we had a tournament in florida over spring break and this kid hit one off the walk way of the citrus bowl stadium u dont understand how far it was, id say this was at least 450 maybe 500 i know it sounds unbelievable but he hit it off the citrus bowl stadium walk way, just think of were the walk way is on the titans stadium wooooowwwwwwwww

When I played in college, I gave up a MOON SHOT to the first baseman at the University of Tennessee...The ball was still climbing when it went over the scoreboard in right-center... I never saw the darn thing land!!!! I think it possibly landed in the river... I'm still teased about that shot... I've also seen some massive shots at MTSU, one going into the stadium during batting practice... as for games ive seen them hit the chain-link fence on top above the bathrooms in left-center, there are some dents on the gray paneling, and i saw one shot that went over the lights onto the practice football field near the tower in the middle of the field... at greer stadium i saw 2 guys put it over the guitar in left field!!! so i've seen my fair share of homeruns...

Guest 69baseball69

I'm not usually a big watcher of loretto baseball. But I was in '98. Paul Lamm #3 and Michael Springer #21 hit some of the farthest homers I've seen in a long time. Paul hit a line shot at lewisburg that hit the top of the building that is way out behind the fence in left field. This was so amazing because it never got very high off the ground and it still went that far! He hit a lot but that one stands out in my mind. The same goes for Springer. The one that stands out to me is one he hit at Spring Hill that cleared the lights in left center. The fence was 350 where it went over at. And it went a good ways past the lights after it cleared them. So that was crazy! That was the last year that loretto really did good. lamm, springer, and sirmones ended up with around 10 bombs a piece. I think that they only played 20 - 22 games so that's almost a homer everyt two games. Not bad!

Hey guys... Don't knock bigcat33 just because you think he's lying... It's not impossible to hit one 520 w/ an aluminum bat.. actually much easier to do so w/ an aluminum bat than wooden like you see some ppl do in majors... give them an aluminum bat and you'll see a lot of 520 footers.... probably some 600 footers by a few... So don't knock bigcat33 I believe him... but there is one thing cat... Don't list your size and say you should be hitting them that far... Your size means nothing... one of the longest balls i've seen hit was by a 6'2 175lb 17 yr old when i was in grade school... He hit the 3rd bar up on the water tower at loretto's old field in St. Joseph tennessee... quick wrists, strong forearms, and strong legs are all you need to mash....

Hey 69baseball69.... wassup...?? Do I know you.... I'm michael... If so email me at mas1821@hotmail.com... Thanks for rememberin the good ole' days... :)

[Edited by mas1821 on 4-15-03 2:20A]