Brandon Wright, one of the top talents Nationally

gomab2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, OK, OK. Brandon is really good for his age. But really, folks, he has a long ways to go. Saying he is the best player in Brentwood Academy history is not a good idea right now. (Did anyone see David Harrison??)

Gomab, I respect your opinions, but to compare High School Ball under George Pitts to AAU ball is really like comparing the New York Philharmonic to a jam session. One is highly controlled with everyone working towards a common purpose, the other is a showcase for individual talent that allows everyone to do their own thing within a loose framework. To you, what Brandon accomplished at BA this season may be "nothing" compared to his AAU play, but some of us actually like and appreciate the other style of play.

Ok I understand Gomab you are much more qualifed than me to rate talent, considering you had Tyler Smith 3rd overall soph. in the state. However, I saw Brandon Wright play several times this year and at times he strugled against talent not yet up to Acc caliber. I feel its hard to compare a player when he has stuggled in high school games, I am sure he is domintating in AAU, but he his playing against 16 and under. For once, admit you may be off the mark in your comparison.

bball, your an idiot. Didn't impress you? What were you just not watching, maybe crying at how terrible your team was getting defeated. Until you can get out there and stop him or have someone on you team stop him then don't talk about him, just watch and be impressed. Brandon was an awesome player this year, and yes he is lanky but you don't think he knows it. He will beef up if he wants to, then again as he is right now he is very agile and quick for someone who is 6'8 so maybe he doesn't beef up either way he is a scary player for anyone who faces him, and for you to say you arent impressed makes you a fool.

boo boo i think you are absolutley correct when Chris Slay is able to play his game he can be dangerous he is great vocaly and makes his teammates alot better and Brandon Wright is way better than David Harrison he is muuch more developed skill wise at that age than David and has 3 more years.

OF course Bosh is better right now... It is my prediction that Brandon will be a Bosh-like player at the next level, and the level after that, with hard work... The similarities between the two are astounding if you had seen them both at the summer circuit...

Itz...I'm not taking anything away from BA...come on now... But it is a fact that Brandon's 'individual game' is more on display during the summers where he runs a variety of different positions...

Theanswer and Itz... Your comments are COMPLETELY off, not mine... AAU ball at a high level is intense, desired, and saturated with defense and unselfishness toward a team goal. I don't know what AAU you're talking about. Come to Houston, TX at the end of this month (both Brandon, as well as the Ballerz, will be there) and tell me it's not a HIGH level of hoops, with great defense, and a mentality toward winning. I'm not talking about rec league AAU ball, or whatever might be in your head...

Not to mention, Brandon was going against VERY good competition already, and against us went up against a very talented 6'7 wing, as well as a number of outstanding 6'5 Forwards... The competition was there, and Brandon excelled, as he would if he was playing 17:u competition (which he should as well)...

Gomab, I think you took my comments wrong. AAU and "Pitts-Style" ball are different, that's all. I actually think my analogy was a good one, and BTW, I'd rather listen to the jazz, personally! :D

You won't find me dissing Brandon...he's great. But I do think that people watching him play this winter saw something, not "nothing".

[Edited by itzme on 4-7-03 4:20P]

I don't recall ever stating that AAU ball wasn't competive and intence. I was just saying that he is playing against kids 16 and under. I know that he is a great talent but I hate to hear such comparisons at a young age. Players get word of this and it pust extra pressure on sometimes makes them think they are already great and don't need to put in the extra work. I think we all read the post where Jamar Jenkins compared himself to Mcgrady. Brandon has all the tools to be a better player than Bosh and he does resemble his frame. All I was saying is don't fill players heads with things that alot of the time isn't true.

Listen, to clear things up once and for all... when Jamar was being interviewed with questions, the interviewer said to Jamar something to the extent of that he had heard Jamar defended like McGrady, and Jamar said yeah, I guess so; and it was printed the way it was... So enough of that.