Thank You Coach

holdtherope

I THINK THAT COACH HADDOCK WOULD BE VERY DISAPPOINTED AT THIS TIME IF HE WERE TO EVER GET ON THIS SITE AND SEE ALL THE UGLY AND HURTFUL REMARKS THAT ARE ON THIS SITE ABOUT COACH BUCHANAN BECAUSE HE AND COACH BUCHANAN NOT ONLY COACHED THE DCHS HIGH SCHOOL TEAM TOGETHER FOR SEVERAL YEARS THEY WERE AND STILL ARE FRIENDS ON THE FIELD AND OFF THE FIELD.THEREFORE THE REMARKS ABOUT COACH BUCHANAN ARE VERY HURTFUL NOT ONLY TO COACH BUCHANAN BUT TOWARD HIS FAMILY,FRIENDS AND TEAM THAT CARE A LOT ABOUT HIM AND HAVE RESPECT FOR HIM SO PLEASE BACK OFF.I'M SURE COACH HADDOCK

DOES NOT FEEL LIKE THE POSITIVE THINGS YOU SAID ABOUT HIM WERE A COMPLIMENT BECAUSE YOU PUT DOWN COACH BUCHANAN THAT HE COACHED WITH AND REPECTS AS A COACH AND A FRIEND.I HOPE THE DCHS GIRLS WILL RISE ABOVE ALL THIS NEGATIVE TALK ABOUT THEIR COACH AND SHOW THE COUNTY AS WELL AS THE STATE THAT THEY RESPECT THEIR COACH AND FOCUS ON WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO THEM AND COACH BUCHANAN.{PLAYING

SOFTBALL, SHOWING RESPECT TO THE COACHES AND PLAYERS, AND FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS, ON EACH GAME RATHER THAN A SITE ON THE INTERNET THAT SOME PEOPLE HAVE MADE A VERY NEGATIVE THING. DCHS GIRLS PUT YOUR ENERGY INTO THE GAME ON THE DIAMOND AND BE POSITIVE IN ALL THINGS YOU DO ON AND OFF THE FIELD!GOOD LUCK LADY COUGARS AND COACH BUCHANAN!! ;););):):)

[Edited by BATBOG on 4-12-03 6:32P]

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TIME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!1.this thread was not about Shane Buchanan till batbog and pickoff made it about him.he is not the only coach in the county and IF you will go back and look at the first thread you will see that nothing was mentioned about high school.you just assumed it was.it was picking up from another thread that asked what made a good coach and i gave my thoughts on the matter just like other people.2.Coach Jackson and her family were in a bad car accident today and the last thing she needs is a lot of crap from people trying to make something of nothing,trying to create a rivalry where there is not one.3.Bird did not start this thread.Christ33 if you are on CoachT very much you will see that there are plenty of people recognizing good coaches and players.As far as i am concerned this thread is over.the rest of you can do whatever you want.

you are right about the other thread talking about good coaches but i don't believe they ran other coaches in the counties they live in down to make a compliment about their coach.as far as a rivalry that has nothing to do with anything that has been said on this thread. it does not take a very smart person to realize that when there becomes more than one high school in a county it becomes a rivarly in every sport and everything within both of the schools.no one said any crap on this site about mrs jackson so don't try to turn it all around now that you have caused all this crap with your negative remarks about any other coaches in the county when you are on the softball message board. how else would any one take it except you were talking down the other softball coah in the county{shane buchanan}in all the times you have been on this thread i don't recall a single time you have tried to defend coach buchanan if you weren't talking about him.all you could do was beat around the bush about the whole situation.as for mrs jackson i am sure there are a lot of girls at dchs who think she is a very good coach also because the majority of the players played for her when she was the coach at dms.they just don't appreciate you being negative about another coach or coaches because those comments didn't have anything to do with anything.i'm sure the dchs girls are praying for mrs jackson and her family at this time because they care a whole lot about her. i hope you have learned how to compliment a coach on this thread without hurting anyone in the process. ;)

It is not my job to defend Coach Buchanan.I did not start any negative lines about him.you did.Also Coach T is about opinions.good or bad.Let the one who has never said a negative thing cast the first stone and be careful because people do listen to what is being said away from school.Don't let your words get turned around on you.

HEY JTTOO/ IT DIDN'T TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO FIGURE OUT WHO BASERUNR WAS TALKING ABOUT ON THIS THREAD.I FEEL THAT IF SHE HAD THE RIGHT TO BRAG ON HER COACH AT THE EXPENSE OF HURTING OTHER COACHES AND THEIR PLAYERS THEN I HAVE THE RIGHT TO MENTION NAMES IN DEFENSE OF "THE OTHER COACHES IN THE COUNTY" IT IS TIME FOR YOU ALL TO REALIZE THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTY AND THE STATE OF TN WHO WILL STAND UP FOR THE OTHER COACHES.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK COACH BUCHANAN !! YOUR GIRLS WILL STAND BY YOU AND WILL WORK HARD TO MAKE IT ANOTHER WINNING SEASON.HANG IN THERE DCHS!! :rolleyes:

[Edited by BATBOG on 4-13-03 9:35P]

Hi coach Jackson here. My family and I have had a very difficult weekend. We had a car accident on the way to meet our bus for our game on Saturday. Two seconds before the crash my husband and I were dicussing the game, how important it was and our chances. In a matter of two seconds my life and feelings changed. My family is going to be ok. My husband has a broken knee cap and my seven month old daughter has a fractured skull. They will recover, and I will walk onto the field as a coach again. I love this game. I love competition. I love to win. But the biggest victory I have ever experienced was Saturday when I knew that my family was ok. I have relationships with the girls from Dickson and my girls at Creek Wood. You are all wonderful ballplayers, but most importantly you are good girls with wonderful, caring personalities. I expect you to be intense competitors on the field. Can't we all just take a step back and look at why we all know each other and respect all of the players, coaches, and parents. None of us are going to agree with each other about anything except for the fact that we all love the game. To my girls at Creek Wood I will be back as soon as possible. Play hard and stay focused on your goals. Brett told me that today is a new day and everything is ok now. See everyone soon :):D

[Edited by cwhssb on 4-13-03 10:15P]

[Edited by cwhssb on 4-13-03 10:17P]

BATBOG, Rocket scientist or not, the point is this: You are the one that listed the names. As I stated before, people in Dickson MAY HAVE THOUGHT they knew what the thread was about, but you are the one that started listing the names for the entire site to see, such as other team's coaches & players. That was very inappropriate. While your heart was in the right place lets not broadcast to the entire site.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD FIND YOUR HEART AND GET IT IN THE RIGHT PLACE. I'M REALLY SORRY THAT YOU FELT IT WAS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR SOMEONE TO BRAG ON ANOTHER COACH IN THE COUNTY BUT THERE ARE PEOPLE IN DICKSON COUNTY WHO BELIVE IN COACH BUCHANAN JUST LIKE THE PEOPLE IN THE COUNTY BELIEVE IN MRS. JACKSON SO I FELTS IT WAS QUIET ALRIGHT TO MENTION NAMES OF THE COACHES IN THIS COUNTY THAT OTHER PLAYERS RESPECTED ALSO. THERE WAS NEVER ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT THE COACHES IN THE COUNTY THAT WERE NAMED ON THIS SITE EXCEPT FOR THE ONE WHO STARTED THIS IN THE BEGINNING{BASERUNR/INTHEBLUE AND ETC}SORRY YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THE OTHER PEOPLE ON THIS SITE STANDING UP FOR OTHER COACHES IN THE COUNTY}

First off Batbog, who said my heart was not in the right place? Who made you the authority of what everyone eles is thinking & feeling? All of my comments were directed to you, not the team or the coaches. What makes you think that you love the Lady Cougars Softball Team more than I do? Maybe you should be a lot less defensive & try reading the threads exactly as they are written instead of trying unsuccessfully to read between the lines and putting word in peoples mouths. What makes you think you are any more loyal to DCHS than I am? When did this become all about the coaches instead of the team? The original thread may have had some negativity in it and YOU may have felt it was directed toward Coach Buchanan, but it would have been far more constructive of you to simply write a thread praising him without reference to basernr's remarks. When have you yet "bragged" on Coach Buchanan? You have only railed at basernr. How can you be so sure that basernr was referring to Coach Buchanan? Have you never played for any other coaches? We certainly have played for several coaches from Dickson & other places over the many years that we have played softball. Even ones that would fit basernr's description. I hate the fact that you have listed our coaches names for all to see and the implications YOU have thrown at them. At least basernr had the decency and common sense to leave the names out! We now LOOK as if Dickson is full of discord and that there is a nasty rivalry between the 2 high schools when that is not the case. I do agree with Coach Jackson, we all love the game and the girls playing it! I hope they all are able to walk away feeling good about themselves, with a feeling of respect given & received and above all, I hope they can say they had a good time. There is no Major League Softball. Why are YOU so quick to jump down eveyone's throat? Even the ones that are DCHS fans! I hope everyone who is reading this on Coach T.com will not judge us by this. While we may be struggling in the game at the moment, I have NO DOUBT our girls will put forth the effort to overcome. That is what our girls are made of! Go Lady Cougars!!

[Edited by JTT00 on 4-15-03 11:46P]