unaka softball

districtted

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest takinnames

Hey hayseed, I'm surprised us "poor unaka" folks can operate this new fangled computer. Just a note for cyclonehomer...I went to Unaka, so did my son and daughter. My daughter had a 4.0, a full academic ride to UT, she received her masters and is now working on her docterate. So before you go blowing off the education at unaka, each school is what you make of it. Last time I checked, there weren't too many Einsteins coming out of EHS. :rolleyes:

Gosh, you guys crack me up! But CycloneHomer, I am sorry you lost interest in this thread. It was fun while it lasted. ;) But anyways, good luck Lady Rangers! And get ready for the UH game, they are foaming at the mouth for you guys, lol. By the way, is it next Wednesday when your suppose to play them? And another thing, I actually heard that Cloudlands softball program is stepping up, could that really be true? :confused:

I'm glad everyone is taking interest in this thread. The Unaka Lady Rangers are in the Tiny Day Tourney in Greeneville. And most of you have probably heard that we are looking like a real team. This is the best we've played all year. We beat Chukey Doak yesterday, then Cocke County beat us 2-1. Then again this morning, we beat Union County and South Greene turned around and beat us after that. We play Sunday at 1:00. It's anyone's ballgame.

GO LADY RANGERS!

Well, when they do walk through the district/regional tourney it's going to be a hard walk because I am sure they will meet UH everywhere they go. But I am hoping that they will do away with UH this week. If McVeigh and Williams are both on their game then more than likely it will be a pitching duel, but the defense better be ready to rise to the ocassion. In this game we need to do away with those mental mistakes we made in the first game! They will be playing on the Lady Ranger turf, so UH better come ready. Also, how did the Lady Rangers finish in the Tiny Day tournament? Who did they play against Sun. & did they win?

Guest desertdude

Yes the Highlanders are starting to step it up a little. Coach Hurter is finally getting some young talent to work with. They've played everyone in the district tough. They were actually beating UH 7-6 bottom of 7th at UH, but lost because of an error on the catcher that let the tying run score and then a good hit got the winning run home. I believe they also took NG into the bottom of the 7th with a lead as well. If coach can keep this group of players together, UH and Unaka will not have their way as easily in the future.

My name is Megan Johnson. I attended a county school all the way up until 6th grade. I chose to attend T.A.Dugger 7th and 8th grade. Even after being in the city school system for two years I freely chose to go back to the county to attend high school. Acadmically the two systems are equal. The student teacher ratio at Unaka is smaller than that of Elizabethton. Yeah, maybe Elizabethton offers more clubs and extraciricular activities, but at least coming to school isn't like attending a social gathering. My personal and academic experience at Unaka has been better than that of Elizabethton. For me personally, this was an all around better fit. Food for thought: Carson Newman, Milligan, and ETSU. Of the three, ETSU is the largest by far, but the academic standards of Carson Newman and Milligan are much higher. These two schools are much smaller school. I'm not posting to bash Elizabethton, but I wanted cyclonehomer to know the facts from somebody that isn't caught up in the sports battle of this thread.

[Edited by coachdude on 4-28-03 1:54P]

[Edited by coachdude on 4-29-03 1:07P]