unaka softball

districtted

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a little too late for the post coachdude, mr. cyclonehomer won't be checking back up with us to see what any of us have to say :D Oh well, anyways...good luck Lady Rangers. What a way to start out a week, basically play everyone in the conference and end it all with UH. Hang in there and be focused, not only in the UH game but the others as well. Good Luck! :o

Congradulations to the Lady Rangers! Today at Ronnie Hicks field, the Lady Rangers beat the Highlanders 18-8. & after having just a one hr. break, turned around and beat North Greene 4-1. Ladies, we are actually looking like a team. & I'm proud of you all! Next stop, UH on Wednesday at 4:30. Coms support your Unaka Rangers!! :D

You said "Mr. Cyclonehomer", but I really think it's probably "Ms. Cyclonehomer". I call 'em like I see 'em and I think Ms. Homer knows a great deal about both schools (and seems to be a bit jaded). I have a strong suspicion that she is a county school product herself. Any truth to this, -.....Coach???

"The truth will stand when the world's on fire."

Are the kids gentically different at Elizabethton? No? Then it is roughly the same at the core than every other high school in the area! And I have been in several of them...The types of "edges" you are referring to can be found at certain private schools, but not at most publics. I am not bashing publics,- I love them,- however, there is fundamentally not one ounce of difference between 95% of them, and I assure you that Elizabethton,- though a quality school,- is not in the other 5%. A good friend of mine is an admissions counselor at the college level and he and I have talked at length about the differences in education in the region, as he has seen the fruits of the majority of them extensively. This is what he told me when I put him on the spot several months ago about "ranking" them:

Best High School in the area: Dobyns Bennett

Second Best: Tied between Science Hill and TN High

Now, I realize that this takes care of our "big three" for this area, which might imply that bigger is richer is better. However, this is what he proceded to tell me next:

Best high school in an area county system: "probably Sullivan South" he told me.

Then in so many words: No distinguishable difference between the rest of them.

Now those are just opinions, not even my own, but they do come from someone who is definitely in the know. In short, Ms. Homer, or Coach Homer, or whatever,- don't think that just because you have the desire and stamina to argue loud and long that it makes you correct. I myself am the product of a rural county school and I have always felt offended, but in no way threatened, by folks who hold your same altruistic and fool-hearted view that bigger means better. So in conclusion, although you certainly have the right to your opinion, a big, hearty "shame on you",- not because of your opinion, but because in stating it you actually mention the names of two students who made their choice and are of no concern or consequence to you...It is in poor taste to question fifteen year olds and name them personally on this board. And before you say you didn't,- you absolutely did.

And yet again-

"The truth will stand when the world's on fire."

Nospin, if I was able to give you a good mark then I would. Well done on your part. Do you seem to know Ms. Homer, or whatever personally? I am curious of who this mysterious person is :x . I asked earlier in a thread of who they are but the cat must have their tongue :) . But like I said, good mark for you Nospin.

Yes, someone as egotistical as homer does review his or her work. Would've been grand to view a full color close up as he or she read the many most appropriate scoldings.

Homer, you're obviously plenty smart enough; so tell us, did you finally get it? Do you yet fully realize how ridiculous you looked attacking by name (thanks for pointing that out, "nospin") those two wonderful teenaged Rangers?

It is most tempting to name the countless many from the Creek, Hampton and Hunter communities who have "chosen" to attend, and yes, enhance the athletic and scholastic prowess of your most excellent School of the City. But we're above that, homer. Yes, we've lost so many to the Mighty Cyclones. We continue to lose good athletes, scholars, teachers and administrators to Elizabethton High, and there's no indication that this trend will be reversed in the near future.

You, homer, no doubt realize that this is no new phenomenon. City schools and administrations nation-wide have more to offer. More money, more extracurricular activities, more classes...but certainly not more class. The funniest thing is you're so narrow minded that you actually do think you're better, simply because you're bigger. You are a cancer to our entire community, not just to the city; but believe it or not, we rural folks take those like you with the fabled grain of salt. It's interesting that with all you've learned at good ole EHS, you obviously acquired very little in the ways of etiquette. Not to worry, though, we'll still spend most of our dollars at the Wal-Mart.

But I must admit (as ill-mannered as it seems) that an occasional public spanking, like yours, homer, has been quite gratifying ...well, at least in a "small" way.

Oh, and, way to go, Miss Johnson. :)

[Edited by krichunaka on 5-1-03 6:45P]

Will the districts be held at Unaka this year, or since UH won will it be at their home turf? I heard it was at Unaka, but only because the TSSAA determines where it is played at. Also, when does it start? I suppose Unaka will be starting off with North Greene. Good Luck Ladies.

The tournaments will be held at Unaka. They start on Monday where the first game will be Unaka vs. North Greene at 5:00. I'm sure everyone heard about the Lady Ranger's last game with UH. It was definately a battle! ....But I'm not worried. We'll see them again next week.

*Go Rangers* :D

You guys still have districts to go thru, so just practice hard for them. And don't let the loss to UH get you down! And try to do away with the errors, I read in the paper and it said something about Unaka making 8 errors, but batting wise you both put up a battle. Now as a former player, I understand that when it rains it does make things a little difficult, but remember that it rains on both sides of the field :D . Right now it is too late in the season to be making any errors...it is make it or break it time! :D ...just hang in there Lady Rangers, it will come around.