7AAA COACHES

hardball23

IT's pretty evident that you do not have a clue about baseball or coaches! If you think that Powers is such a great coach you should ask some of his former players. I remember that in 1997 ,he had most of his team coming back from the previous year and did not even get out of the district tournament, and have you forgot about last year. Riverdale had the most talented team in the district and LOST in the finals. Oakland came to the "Reservation" and out-coached them and out-played them. If you want to talk about good coaches and coaches that work hard you better move across town to Oakland. I don't see Powers wearing any rings on his fingers except a wedding ring! Oakland has continued to win even though they are not the most talented. Warren Co. coaches also do a good job, and won a state championship in 92.

Would you happen to to be related to Rush Limbaugh? He seems to be full of it also!!!

Can of Corn - you just strike me as plain ole mean. :D

I have been involved with baseball my ENTIRE life. My dad played semi-pro ball while I was growing up and I have been coached by and played with some pretty good 'uns. Does the name Jimmy Key ring any bells? I have even coached some state tournament champion and national tournament softball teams myself.

Buddy Powers IS an outstanding baseball coach. But most people realize that you don't get to be a head baseball coach at the high school level unless you know a little bit about coaching. My experience is that from Richland to Marshall County to Jackson North-Side to Christian Brothers to Cumberland County to Rossview to Oakland, there is some tremendous high school baseball coaches in our fair state.

CanofCorn - this will be my last reply to one of your posts. You have lost the privilege of conversing with me. :D You seem to have some chip on your shoulder when it comes to Oakland and Riverdale. I think you will discover that some of us Riverdale folks get along pretty well with the Oakland and Blackman folks. It is just kids playing a game. Some folks seem to lose sight of that???

RHS had many problems in 1997, only the third year Coach had been there. Yes others have state titles, but he and his work ethic has brought Riverdale Baseball on the map not only on the state level, but on the national level. It is hard to find dome one who works as hard as he does YEAR ROUND with his baseball program. Look at RHS now in 2003, then go back and look at it before Coach Powers got there. You'll see the difference and learn a little bit along the way.