How did Greenfield make it???

milan24

How in gods name did greenfield make it to the state tournament??? I know that it is 1A but still they were terrible. Milan is 2AA but we absolutely demolished them so i do not see how they made it to state tournament. There has got to be some better teams in 1A. If anyone can tell me how greenfield got there please tell me.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan24 since you are evidently new to the boards, I also being from Milan will take it easy on you. Greenfield had a very good single A TEAM. Milan played well when they defeated them twice. Greenfield was solid, not fancy, not great, but solid. They are well coached by a guy that les his players do what they do best and then does a good job of blending that talent together. Milan had a few games where they played as well as anyone in the state. Milan had games where when points were being proved and a win didn't matter as much as the point being made played awful, because of who ended up being on the court. Like Forrest Gump said "thats all I got to say about that". Milan proved during summer camps @ Martin and Belmont and in summer leagues, they could play with anyone. It was also proven in the regional tourney. Their record "this year" will never be a symbol of how good Milan was. greenfield just caught them on 2 good nights.

I can't believe you think Greenfield was terrible! They were far from terrible! I think they proved it time after time by defeating teams such as Adamsville, Mitchell, USJC, etc. They have unbelievable teamwork, and they play with such heart. I think they deserved to be at the state tournament, in the championship game.

Well, if Greenfield didn't deserve to be at the state tournament, I guess Temple would've been the only team there. Greenfield beat Summertown without any problem, defeated USJC, and gave Temple all they wanted so yes, I do believe they deserved to be there.

At least you can admit when you're wrong! ;)

Posted by milan24:

im not saying that they are just terrible but they did not deserve to be in the state tournament but maybe im wrong i dont know.

Actually, you are saying they were terrible

Posted by milan24:

I know that it is 1A but still they were terrible.

Beside that, it seems to me that if you win your tournament games and get to the state tournament, you deserve to be there.

[Edited by TheBoredGuy on 4-14-03 8:12A]

To me it is obvious that Greenfield deserves all of the accolades and respect bestowed on any State runner-up team. Despite the fact that detractrors say that they did not deserve to make it that far, they did. So all that really matters is that ten or fifteen years down the road that silver trophy will still be sitting in Greenfield's trophy case.

[Edited by hcity on 4-14-03 7:57P]