South Pittsburg Will Win 1A Championship in 2003

pirate1achamps

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troy Williams??? What the heck are you talking about??? Troy was a decent player but not that great. His sister graduated from Boyd in the early 90's and since his family are member of the church of Christ that probably had a big factor in sending Troy there. And for your info Boyd doesn't offer schlorships. Nor does Boyd even advertise that much. I have never seen a commercial or billboard for the school. Maybe an ad in a magazine but that is about it. Grow up people. Thing is no one gave a crap about Boyd till they started winning then people start accusing them of crap. Boyd had players coming from Marion County, Rhea County and wherever even when they sucked. So nothing has really changed except for the final score.

That's how it is, man. If private schools are good, they must have done it through recruiting, not hard work and dedication. They must have cheated to beat the publics, because there's no other way they could have done it.

Or so seems to be the norm in this day and age of excuses and shifting of responsibility.

This hole boyd recruiting is nothing but a bunch of crap. Yes people from marion rhea and other counties send their kids their not because they are giving them kick backs, but because the education is alot better. Face it the marion county school systems stink. Trust me i know I am a product of them and my brother is now a soph. on the boyd football team. I am a senior at the UTK and had to work my butt off in college because i was not prepared when i got their. They don't recruit, stink it up and take it if they beat you.