5-A FOOTBALL

Guest bwill99

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, jeff's upcoming seniors beat DB when they were freshman 30-0; it could have been 50-0. also, they beat greeneville 54-14. i'm not trying to read much into this, but jeff's freshman had not beat DB in 10 yrs. they have so much speed and quickness at the skill positions, and all these players were jr's last yr. also, they return 8 starters to the defensive side. it sounds like it might be a banner yr at jeff.

Guest Oakland

jpats i hate to break it to ya, but what jefferson co did their freshmen year doesnt mean squat, freshmen squads are more like player developement programs than actual teams. i mean oakland has had some mediocre freshmen teams these past years with the exception of the upcoming senior class, but coach euverard still mangages to get the most of out of his players, most of the time.

p.s. sorry i upset anybody about the freshmen team thing but i know in middle tennessee that part is pretty much true

well, let's see if your argument is valid or invalid.

jeff co wins the state in 87; seniors were undefeated their fr yr.

jeff co loses in semi's in 86, and they also lost 2 regular season games; seniors lost 3 games when they were fr and were backed by a very strong jr class.

jeff co goes undefeated in 85 but lose by one point in the semi's; seniors were undefeated as fr.

in 96,jeff loses 4 games in the regular season, but go on a roll in the playoffs and lose to the greatest hs football team in tenn history (BA 96 team); sr's were undefeated as fr.

jeff had one other good team in the 90s. the 92 team lost one regular season game and lost to a great halls team in a very close game in round 2; the seniors only lost 1 game as fr.

all of the other 90s teams were either bad or average at best. how did the sr's do as fr? anywhere from 1-9 to 5-5. very interesting.

finally, jeff co fans witnessed some great yrs from 82-89. all sr's had very, very outstanding teams as fr, with the worst being the 86 senior group; they finished with a 6-3 record as fr. in 1990, the seniors had a horrible time as fr. they only won 2 games. how did jeff do in 90? they had their first losing record in yrs (3-7).

i think my argument wins. fr teams are only potential prospects for the future varsity teams. these players must continue to work hard and get better. with good coaching, these fr players usually do and help field a very good team, assuming they had a lot of potential as fr.

DB99, it depends on the group you've got behind you. in your case, the jr class was outstanding--adonis johnson, sensebaugh, henry, etc... this group probably carried the seniors, and thats why you beat sullivan south your senior yr. heck, i bet they beat south when they were fr 50-0. am i right?

JPAT55,

Sorry, but you are not right. When DBIndian99 was a senior, my class, which included Johnson, Sensabaugh, and Henry was sophomores. The year that Jesse was a senior we went to the semifinals, as we did my senior year in 2000. The junior class in the year you are referring to was actually very weak and the juniors carried the team the next year when they were seniors, but definitely not in 98'

my point is this, if the jr's & sr's had weak campaigns as fr, then you will probably have a bad yr. jeff's jr's & sr's are the first classes in about 6 yrs to have good seasons as fr. db's upcoming jr class did beat jeff 8-7 when they were fr. except for lamon's long td catch, the game was a real defensive struggle. also, i do believe this will be the yr that jeff finally dethrones db.