union city girls

Guest kntk205

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest westvol88

I think the only thing that will put some spice into any rivalry for Union City is to start winning some games or make them close on a regular basis. This is what makes rivalries.

I think that Curt Lee is by far the best person for the job. Unfortunatly I think that it would not be a good move on his part. I just don't seeing going to UC to be a good move for him more like a step backward as i had previously mentioned in an earlier post about UC girls thread. However, if Kim Decker and family were to get the job I believe it would and could be and improvement. And if the feeder school has a good coach doing their job to get the players ready that will also be a bonus. Less time teaching things they should already know. I think someone should start a poll with all the canidates to see who the people on the board think. :D

I have heard of about 3 people that have applied not sure if they have interviewed for it though.( Sisco, Lee, and Decker)

[Edited by FullcourtPress on 4-22-03 2:12P]

TWhoops if that is true then I would most definitely agree with you it would be a great job. That is if they are going to be single A in 2 yrs.

thebeave I don't ever see that happening, there being just 2 high schools in Obion Co. The Union City and County people would never go for it. Too much of a rivalry, but they say anything is possible. :)

[Edited by FullcourtPress on 4-23-03 8:03A]

I really don't think that will happen. Obion County and Union City are two separate systems. Union City recently raised taxes and invested millions to renovate East Side Elementary into Union City Elementary. Their next step will be renovating/building a new middle school/high school. The city of Union City seems to be very supportive of the system, even if it means higher taxes.

Obion County has relatively new elementary schools (the oldest being built around 1985) and a new Middle/High School in South Fulton (1995), and plans are being submitted to the County Commission for a new high school. Hopefully that will come to pass soon, since OCCHS is outdated and too small for its population.

A couple of years ago, I figured that Union City would not be economically able to institute a building program, and thus would have to change visions (merging with Obion County Schools), but after seeing this committment within EACH system, I doubt that the two will combine. There's too much history and pride for one system to yield to the other. There will always be two separate systems until the State decides on consolidation.

I know that this is not about the coaching job, however we seem to have already swayed from that. If Goodyear goes away so will all that tax money Union City is getting. I can see UC going to single A ball with a huge drop in population. If the jobs are not there people will have to move to were the jobs are. The situation might not be as bright as it seems to be right now.This is just my thoughts on the subject.