ROCKETS CAN CLINCH

MRBASEBALL

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Rockets. You are a good team and should go far in your tournament. As Page has played you four times this season, I think I know your team pretty well. Good luck Ross, I wish I could see you play again, but I'll be busy with Page. Keep up the good work MRBASEBALL. GO ROCKETS. pAGEmAN.

I posted condolernces from our school and community on the football board, but let me do it again here. We know how difficult your loss is. We have been in your shoes. Our kids really pulled together and were strong, but they will never forget that time in their young lives. It really gave them a wake up call. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all at this time. I didn't know anything about it until MR.BASEBALL announced it at the game. I am so sorry. Hopefully the kids will do as well as ours have done. The funeral was the hardest part, I believe, for ours. :)

Actually, a win against Moore County today does not clinch the district 11a regular season title for Forrest. Ask coach Hardison to explain it to you. It was a little confusing when I heard it, but I know the Cornersville/Huntland game and the Richland/Cascade game both have bearing on who clinches the regular season title. Good luck to all of the teams in the 11a tournament.

[Edited by underpar68 on 4-28-03 10:59A]

THE WAY COACH HARDISON EXPLAINED IT TO US WAS THAT IF WE BEAT MOORE COUNTY AND BEINGS THAT WE SPLIT WITH RICHLAND IT GOES TO THE RECORD AGAINST THE THIRD PLACE TEAM WHICH WILL BE EAGLEVILLE, BEINGS WE BEAT THEM TWICE AND RICHLAND SPLIT WITH THEM THAT MAKES FORREST #1 SEEDS VIRTUE OF THE TIE BREAKER HUNTLAND GAME AND GAME OF RICHLAND CASCADE OUTCOME MAKES NO DIFFERENCE AS LONG AS FORREST BEATS MOORE COUNTY. IF DIFFERENT YOU EXPLAIN. :):):)

Everything you said is right except that Eagleville may not be #3. If everything works out right, Cornersville could be #3. Let's say Forrest, Richland, and Cornersville win. Okay, Cornersville and Eagleville would have the same record. The tie-break for third would have to go to Forrest or Richland, but Eagleville split with Richland, but was swept by Forrest. Well, Cornersville was swept by Richland, but split with Forrest. This forces the tie-break to Cascade who was swept by Cornersville, but split with Eagleville, thus Cornersville would be #3, making Richland #1 and Forrest #2. Whew, I'm dizzy. :confused: :)