Top teams in A/AA

sassypants6

Which CCS game did you see? I play there, and besides the Sweetwater game, CSAS was our worst game of the season and we won 1-0 still. We were flat. Saturday we beat Lovett #4 ranked team in Georgia AAA 3-1 and played our best soccer of the season. At the level we played that game we would compete with Lenoir City, Ridgeway etc. The level we played at against Sweetwater we will get rocked by Ridgeway.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turtle, the game with overton was stopped at half time due to weather reason, the game against oneida was a good game in which oneida keeper made some key saves, the four losses look to whom. I will concede the CAK lost is suprising but 2-1 to ccs, 3-0 Brentwood and 3-1 Science hill. NOw you tell me what is so dissapointing for a small school like kingston competing with those school. So you are saying L.C. is about as good as BRentwood with your prediction. I think it is going to be a very close game, where the team with the least mistakes will win. Having seen most school out of the east play. I will say CCS is the best team right now, they argument they tied sweewater is the sam ewith kingston tyind oneida. They pounded the goals but nothing went in, every team has game like that.

[Edited by soccereagle15 on 4-29-03 7:22A]

O.K. Two years ago the Indians would have been stoned to even be considered a top ten soccer team. There just is not any Single A, Public small schools that are fielding a team as competitive as this one. Boys, we are talking about a school with about 300 to 340 students in the high school. Several of the schools they are playing, in fact almost everyone they play, has that many students in one class. They have known they have to develop their skills in order to compete, and apparently they have been progressing to that goal under Coach Swain and Coach Newport. Are they top five, probably not, but of all the teams mentioned this team, by far, has advanced the most significantly. I think the Kingston game was not luck, but reflective of how far the Indians have come so far. Kingston was holding their breath on the two times the ball struck the post in that game. However, they are good and we really have nothing but respect for that quality program.

:o:D

CCS and Lenior City won't play unless it is in the state tournament. Our schedule is always filled up, as we usually play an out-of-state tournament and we play in-town teams like Baylor and Mccallie before other teams. As my opinion is somewhat biased since I play for CCS I think that we have a tougher schedule than Lenior City and that their 16-1 is somewhat overrated. They have still beaten good teams, but the three CCS losses are to Dalton 2-0 who beat Mccallie 4-0, Randolph Academy who won state in Alabama last year, and Westminster a good team from Atlanta in a wet sloppy game. Still, our schedule looks weak compared to Ridgeway's but the same could be said of Lenior City's compared to ours.

Jumparound, how can you say that 16-1 is overrated. First off, CCS lost to Dalton 2-0. The same Dalton who lost to Knox. Catholic 4-3. The same Knox. Catholic who lost to L.C. 2-1. Personally i think your going by the records of L.C.'s opponents. Take a look at who some of L.C.'s opponents have played.

ie:

oak ridge- L 2-0 Bearden, L 2-0 Farragutt

kingston- L 3-0 Brentwood

knox. cath.

Comparing scores doesnt do anything at all. Nothing matters until they actually go head to head and then anythin can happen. LC is strong with my boy mitch leading the squad and CCS is loaded with talent like Drew Courtney,Josh Best,Frank Shepard, etc. I think the match up would be a good game. but comparing scores does nothing but waste your own time.

Also CSAS and Grace are both dangerous teams in chatt. Grace has really suprised me this year getting 2 ties off 2 good teams in CCS and CSAS. CSAS i would think is a little strong than grace but grace plays really hard every night out. CSAS has better skill players in Anderson and Madaris.Anyone who has played with them or against them know that before the game is over someone will get embarrassed with a broke ankle. My pick coming out of Chatt. #1 still goes to CCS. it should be a interesting tourament down here to see who comes out of this region #1. If i had to pick right now i would go with CCS and CSAS but anything can happen. I wish my Bucs were somewhere in there but we all know how that goes..its rebuilding time :)

[Edited by Falcon777 on 4-30-03 1:45P]

True look at our losses...teams from other states...good good teams from other states...dalton played us and won 2-0 on a friday night. they didn't sub and got rocked for 70 of the 80 minutes. both of their goals were in the first 10. next day at 12 they played knox catholic and were up 3-1 with 15 minutes left when catholic got 2 pks and another goal. ccs faced dalton fresh, while catholic got them after their toughest game of the season...this is what their players said. there's nothing wrong with 16-1, but comparing your schedule with ours, is like us comparing ours to Ridgeway and saying they're equal.