Mercy Rule

titans1221

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swish,

You are right let the game be played, however, with some coaches the first team stays in for the numbers. That is the real reason for the proposed rule. With a AAA team thumping an A team by forty at the half, call the dogs off and let the subs play all the way down to the last player. This does not happen. The rule is being suggested to control the coaches. IT is sad but TRUE!!!

This gets passed, and what comes next?

Legislation to dictate that every player play the same amount of minutes, rules against double-teaming, no back court pressing???...if someone beats me 123-21 it is my fault, and I don't need a rule to protect me or my teams. I need to either work harder, schedule better, or get out of the business. There are people with no class in all walks of life. You can't teach class in a clinic or legislate it.

It, again, is just another rule like the dead period to cover for those who don't want to work hard or improve their kids.

Play the game or revert to old Junior Pro of the 70's :D

Just a thought.