OHS beats RHS

Guest Oakland

It was another Riverdale-Oakland Classic. 10 innings. Long balls. Bunts. Plays at the plate. Clutch pitches and clutch at bats. But now I have to root for Oakland one night and Blackman the other night.... And we have to take care of business against Warren County, who is playing some pretty good ball right now themselves....

Guest Oakland

it was truely another classic limbaugh, ohs-rhs just big in football, but big in all sports. i thank for takin the loss with dignity and grace, unlike many people these days find an excuse for the result of the game. good luck against warren co. and we will say hello the mr.price and mr. house for ya:)

Chalk the OHS win up to Coach Hawks ability to influence the home plate umpire by intimidation of a previous play. OHS had a runner thrown out at the plate in a close call that Coach Hawks protested vehemetly. This set the table for the next call on a hooking line drive down the left field line that was called fair by the umpire. A runner scored from second, evening the game to 3-3. RHS video tape clearly showed the ball foul by close to a foot as well as the left fielder right on top of it saying the ball was foul. In addition, fans in the stands looking down the line could clearly see that the ball was foul. The umpire, who only stood about 5'8", had a hard time seeing the play and possibly had his viewed blocked by both the third baseman and third base coach. After throwing both hands up as if it was foul, he quickly indicated a fair ball I believe due to Coach Hawks pointing fair as well as the previous inning chewing that Coach Hawks had given him. It was a tough call and I believe that the ump did not clearly see it and was unduly influenced by Coach Hawks. That's baseball and Coach Hawks did a great job winning the game for OHS. You just hate it when two good teams play and both have excellent pitching that an umpire's hesitation and wrong call determines that outcome of the game. :D:rolleyes::o

bhump. You never cease to amaze me. You take a great high school baseball game and try to diminish the accomplishments on the field with your whining about one call. What about the two double plays and the throw to the plate that cut the go ahead run down and the two catches in short right field for the third out with runners in scoring position. I guess your video camera was broken in the first inning with the call at the plate. RHS got a call and maybe we did too, but you know what, you have to play well enough to over come those kind of obstacles in any sport you play. It just seems to me that with all the good plays from both sides in that game that you try to hang the loss on a coach's intimidation of an umpire. Nice job bhump RHS LOST that one move on.

Kentro, I'm glad you think I can amaze you. A lot of women say the same thing too !!! In a serious vane, I do think Coach Hawks did a great job of securing that win. He used his pitchers well and pulled a great Academey Award perfomance to get the call he wanted. Tough luck for your team last night....good luck tonight, but, don't win by too large of a score. Bhump :o:):D