Class 2A Region 5 Future

dback33

Your right about cannot get lucky three times in a row. Heck last year they were lucky to beat waverly, even luckier to beat fairveiw and should have never beaten lewis co. wait that is luck three times in a row. Your also right about them not playing for a state championship but they have played 41 games the last three years and that is not bad for the smallest AA team in the state. Enrollment is under 360 but thanks to TSSAA changing to 4 year cycles they will continue to play AA and really do not care because they are lucky.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy I love this talk before season! Nothing like some locker room material. I am not going to say any predicitions beacause I never would have thought Mckenzie would have made it that far last season after losing what they did in 01. What does it matter now who should have won what games? Big plays were made or not made and that is the difference in any game. I expect a good season from 2a this year. I am looking forward to seeing what ol' Bobby Sharp has in store this year. I am as confident as ever we will contend for the region and be in the same spot hopefully with a different result this season.

Your right about cannot get lucky three times in a row. Heck last year they were lucky to beat waverly, even luckier to beat fairveiw and should have never beaten lewis co. wait that is luck three times in a row. Your also right about them not playing for a state championship but they have played 41 games the last three years and that is not bad for the smallest AA team in the state. Enrollment is under 360 but thanks to TSSAA changing to 4 year cycles they will continue to play AA and really do not care because they are lucky.

This just in, Mckenzie is not the smallest school to play 2A football.