D2 Middle is Still Up in the Air

hardball03

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still cant beleive u actually think yall have five pitchers better than all of ours. Just think about what you are saying. You are a great pitcher. Everyone else in your rotation is good enough to win if yall hit well but they arent going to win yall any games by themselves. Heard and Compton are definetly better than French and Heard beat yall twice and Compton is our ace!

Scott, though you speak with utmost sincerity and have readily admitted that you are not bashing BA, I hope you see the irony of criticizing a team that has taken the season series from you. While you have been nothing but respectful in most of these posts, it is difficult for me to fully accept the critique of a player whose team was defeated 2 out of 3 times in matchups against BA.

Don't misread me: you are a very good pitcher on a strong team. I just want to make sure you are aware of the irony involved in making such criticism.

Best of luck to MBA. GO EAGLES!

i'll go ahead and tell you this right now...heard is a better pitcher against us than pete, and pete would agree to this

we are the type of team that can hit reasonably hard, straight pitching, but just cant seem to find a way against well located, somewhat slower pitching that heard brings to the table.pete is the better pitcher i agree, but not against us...as shown in the 14-4 outing the last time he faced us.

and i didn'tsay that we have 5 better than all of yours, i said we have 5, that if were on your team, would be in your top 3.

and wes, i'm glad to see that you're so comfortable with the 2 of 3, but rememember that you won the first game by 2, and the second by 1, a game that very easily could've gone our way, and if so we would be in the division's driver's seat. you have pretty much won the regulare season, just like in football, but it's a whole other animal in the post season...and with this new state tournament set up, you have a to be incredibly deep, as ryan was last year, to have a chance.

haha i'm not tryin to start a war here, i was just wondering if you actually had 5 people that could throw it 60 feet.

first off, who has better range and arm, fisher or "tex"?

fisher (believe me, i've seen several games that he has played)

2nd, what's a better double-play combo? fisher/french or "tex/seckman"?

fisher/french

3rd, who cares, just play the game...the series is over and the tournament will soon be here....

and by the way, fisher could care less about playing outfield b/c he's in the spot that helps his team the most, SS.

and the pitching question...MBA's pitching staff has done well, since the bats have struggled at times. but now MBA's lineup is well thought out and will be able to produce more to help the pitchers.

BA is a good team and i wish them luck in the rest of their season.

[Edited by bigblah on 4-29-03 10:27P]

Come on now babe. Hunt is good, but you said you don't deny that. Tex is good, Fisher is good, and maybe he can hit the ball better but defensively Tex is as good or better than fisher and i won't hear otherwise, and to say tex will never be better than fisher is not a very wise statement. Everybody makes errors( Who put the tying run on first in the bottom of the seventh with an error) And if you want to go into what if's what if Hunt( who led off th game with a double) had scored in the first inning. Obviously we didn;t hit the ball like we should if Kyle who smashed you the first game went 0-4 with4 K's. We are better than we played on monday and you know that so don;t tell me that we are weak at any position because we aren't and i don't want to hear it. Your a good pitcher, French is pretty good, and i don;t know about any one else on your team but dont just assume you and french could beat out heard and pete and t. griff for one of those top three spots. Anyway scott this board is stupid because all this will be decided in the next week, so why worry about it now. You have to sweep Ryan to have a chance so i would concentrate on them rather than us because that head to head was decided in the first two matchups between us. Just play baseball it can always go either way, anyone who plays knows that. Good luck I hope your arm feels better, and i hope we play you again.

get over that game, it's over, move on to tomorrow's game... both teams have good pitching staff's... and by the way, that error ur talkin about, to tell u the truth, i don't think anyone could have thrown him out b/c the ball wasn't hit hard at all. hunter's a fast kid, and fisher had to rush his throw b/c of the weak hit and how the third baseman attempted to get the ball, which made fisher sit back. but anyways... just play ball and quit the talkin.