D2 Middle is Still Up in the Air

hardball03

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually hardball you're wrong...ba is in the driver's seat...they can still lose one to bga, mba/frhs could sweep the other, and ba would still win because the first tiebreaker is head to head and ba won 2/3 vs. each mba and frhs. Therefore bga must beat ba twice, and mba/frhs must sweep the other for someone other than ba to win it.

The season is playing out just like we thought it would at the beginning. There isn't really a dominating pitcher in the league, so every game can legitimately go either way. The #1 seed may not be decided until the final contest. BA probably has a slight edge, being a senior dominated team, but they are having defensive problems at times so who knows?

No offense meant by that comment. If you think back, there has been more than one game where errors have hurt the Eagles. Notice that I still gave BA the edge in the race. The bottom line is all four of the teams are pretty evenly matched if you look at hitting, pitching, and defense.

[Edited by gobigred on 4-29-03 10:58A]

no...mba or frhs MUST sweep the other and bga must beat ba twice for a team other than ba to win it.

and eagle, i really don't know how you can say that your outfield is the best in the state, granted you are very quick, but there is not one respectable arm out there. and mize made a pretty bad mistake out there diving for that ball with two outs in the 6th...with two outs you let it drop and keep it to a single...instead sayles moved to third. you're saving grace in the infield is hogin, skooping everything at the moment, with "tex" and seckman being a very shakey middle infield. They may be lights out one game, but as shown yesterday, they can easily fall apart.

granted you are the top team in the middle region out of the regular season...but here's something you desperately need to worry about...once you make it to memphis...you're going to play 5 games in 3 days to have to win it all...so tell me 5 pitchers that you're going to be able to put out there that can compete against the best teams in the state?

[Edited by BigRed3 on 4-29-03 8:55P]

Ok lawson has got a great arm in center field. Everyone makes mistakes even the pro's. Do not even say "Tex" is a shakey middle infielder. He is pretty darn close to perfect to me. There is no play he cant make and he has gotten me out of trouble so many times I take it personal that you called him shakey. No one has 5 really good pitchers and we have enough to compete in state. We have Compton, Heard, Burris, Bowker, and Griffin. All five of those are fine pitchers in there own right. I think you were a little harsh in the last post. You wouldn't like it if you were in first and people were criticzing your team.

Scott how are you going to make us claim 5 good pitchers, when all you have is 1 and 1/2 pitchers, yes french is 1/2 and plus you both have tendonitus. so until yall get enough pitching dont tell us ours not deep. Mize's first error of the year, and many great catches made...did sayles score?

french's arm is fine, and tendonitis is a pain thing, it does no damage and doesn't affect your pitching, my arm hurt pretty bad yesterday but i still felt that i had my stuff, so as of now that is not a factor in our rotation.

hunter..i know this is you...so stop building yourself up on this thing, this is no place to brag, you're a great player, but come on...we do have 5 pictchers...all of them would be in your rotation.

Pettus, French, Hawkins, Harris, Wylie Jones, and Trip Tate are all good pitchers, we just don't pitch them in region because the games are so far apart, so me and french can take those.

and no sayles did not score, but was in a great position to, and would have given us a very crucial insurance run...just because it didn't hurt you, doesn't mean it won't

yes, you do have the best outfield in d2 middle region, bu to say you have the best in the state, considering the talent of teams like germantown,germantown houston, cbhs and faragut is vry unreasonable. and i'll take french and fisher over seckman/tex any day, and i know you won't admit it, but so would you.

and don't think that i'm bashing your team in any way...i have the utmost respect for your team, heck you took me to school the first meeting, you're a great group of guys and have rightfully earned the great position that you're in. and congradulations on that.

[Edited by BigRed3 on 4-29-03 9:40P]