D2 Middle is Still Up in the Air

hardball03

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardball,

There are no substate games this year. My understanding is that three teams from the Middle region will be in the state tournament with the regular season champ getting an automatic berth. The other two teams will be decided by the order of finish in the region tournament.

yes, that's correct, the winner of the regular season will advance. and the top two in the region tournament, other than BA, who i'm guessing will be the season champ, automatically make it to memphis. there is no subsate. 8 teams make it to memphis, there are two pools of 4 teams. a round robin will be played in each of those pools, and the winner of each pool will play one game to determine the state champ.

Posted by mafiaman:

Wes,

I gues you are pretty confident in your eagles. You do know the wildcats didn't play thier best on Wednesday, don't you? The cats are gonna make it really difficult for BA to get anymore wins out of this series.

mafiaman, see my previous quote on the BA-BGA series...it's in the Brentwood Academy/BGA thread. Here's basically what I said: While I think BA can win the remaining 2 games, I am fully aware that BGA is very good and extremely well-coached. To be honest, it would not surprise me if BGA won the next 2, but I'm predicting 2 close BA wins. No disrespect intended. :x

Hardball, the East only gets 2 berths since it has the fewest teams. My guess: McCallie and Baylor, not necessarily in that order.

[Edited by WesVols on 5-2-03 11:51A]