Jamar is overrated

redballon

How can this so called superstar be so overrated? I know Gomab and he seems like a great guy that somewhat understands the game. How can he have these other good players from 2-A and 3-A schools and then have Jamar from little ol Forrest? Don't get me wrong, I mean Jamar is good but he is not awesome by no means. How can this great player not even get his team to the second round of Region? All I'm sayin is that Gomab needs to rethink his player rankings when he puts Jamar on there, and also needs to take Shankles off there, cause if he can make it anybody can.lol

P.S. What happened to signing with Stanford and all these other big schools?..UTC is nice but no Stanford of Miss St.

I guess some tings just don't add up...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all who are you and where did your team end up this year? Wait I know your from Moore Co. and yall didn't go anywhere. End of disscussion about high school teams. Second you've only seen Jamar in situations where he plays on his high school team and not with teams that have better supporting casts. You have no idea of what you are talking about. He proved himself nationally last summer against the nations best and will continue to do so this summer. As for you keep working on your game and tell your dad and mom to save you a job at the distillary since you have no future in basketball. As for UTC, Jamar felt this was a great chance for him to play early in his career and potentially be a star there in the future. They have a great staff and head coach. Coach Lebo is one of the best coaches in college from a great program and he saw great potential in Jamar and that's all that needs to be said. Sorry to bust your redballon!

I dont know jamar and i have never seen him play...the only thing i want to know is where is the shame in signing with UT Chattanooga??? I mean, they have been to the Big Dance (not that long ago) and probably will go again pretty soon. What are you going to say if two years from now he is playing in the Big Dance???

OH so you think you know me huh? You have no idea who I am and what I can do on the court, so keep your mouth shut. Now as far as Jamar goes I wasn't dissing him one bit. I know he can play there's no doubt but he is just not as good as he thinks he is or Gomab does. Why would he make the statement that he got letters from stanford and miss st and all these teams and then he picks UTC? Somethings up with that. I think he was just looking for a easy school where he could already have a committment and not have to worry about anything. But I shouldn't say anything I will let my little ol self prove everything next season when we see who the best team is in 11-A.

P.S. Dont hate..there's no need for it

Red---weren't you 'hatin' on Jamar?

Why does there have to be anything other to his decision than what it is? You really don't think he heard from schools like Stanford and whoever?

Maybe he wanted to play for one of the best young coaches in the nation and stay close to home doing it....maybe the staff at UTC made enough of an impression on him to get the committ.

You said it yourself----don't hate. Why not congratulate the guy for making a decision that is in HIS best interest----and who cares where he might could/could not have gone!

i played agianst jamar these past 4 years . he is good no doubt but not that great . i mean he is slow off the dribble dont shoot that great night in and night out plays lazy on defense. he can improve on all these but he thinks he is too good . if he played in 2a he would be nothin for tyler smith and all the greats that play . but i mean he's better than me no doubt im not goin anywhere to play i was jus good enough for high school . i can shoot the 3 pretty consistant and so could the rest of my team

i played agianst jamar these past 4 years . he is good no doubt but not that great . i mean he is slow off the dribble dont shoot that great night in and night out plays lazy on defense. he can improve on all these but he thinks he is too good . if he played in 2a he would be nothin for tyler smith and all the greats that play . but i mean he's better than me no doubt im not goin anywhere to play i was jus good enough for high school . i can shoot the 3 pretty consistant and so could the rest of my team

Red... quit being ingnorant...

You have NO CLUE as to the basketball recruiting process, which you make very evident with each impending, ridiculous post. If you had a clue it would be different, but your ignorance on the topic is so vast I didn't know whether to simply laugh (which I did at first), or reply...

Jamar was Recruited heavily by Stanford and Miss St, among others. It was in his best interest to chose an OUTSTANDING up and coming Mid Major program (UTC) for a plethora of reasons. Jamar is VERY happy with his decision, as is the coaching staff at UTC. It is a great situation. Period.

Congrats again Jamar on an outstanding decision.

I DO NOT POST OFTEN BUT FELT THE NEED TO POST THIS TIME. IT DOES NOT REALY MATTER WHAT ANYBODY THINKS OF JAMAR AS HE HAS COMMITTED TO PLAY DIVISION I BASKETBALL ATA FINE PROGRAM. I KNOW JAMAR AND IT IS TRUE HE DID GET LOOKS FROM MAJOR SCHOOLS I KNOW THIS BECUASE I WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR SOME OF THE LOOKS THAT HE GOT.

IF HE DECIDED TO CHOOSE A SCHOOL CLOSER TO HOME AND NOT A SO CALLED BIG TIME PROGRAM DOES THAT MEAN HE UNDERACHIEVED.

IF YOU THINK THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE PROCESS IS ALL ABOUT.

I HOPE JAMAR READS THIS AS I HOPE THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW ME PERSONALLY WILL READ THIS AND WILL BE VERY PROUD OF WHAT JAMAR HAS ACCOMPLISHED AND WISH HIM NOTHING BUT THE BEST ANDRE WHITEHEAD

TENNESEE CORRESPONDENT FOR THE HOOP SCOOP AND CONSULTANT FOR BOB GIBBONS ALL STAR SPORTS

Doesn't matter if I do know anything about recruiting or not. You all said Jamar is good and if he was then why he is goin to UTC? Nothing is wrong with UTC dont' get me wrong, but why did he pick it? I think he is just tryin to pick the easiest school, because he knows without basketball he wouldn't even be in college..and Gomab your full of crap man. You try and hype up some of the worst players. And I ain't hatin on Jamar..me and him get along quite well. So peace out

Well, if you did get along, I would say it's over now considering how you hated on him in this thread. I hope you can play ball well cause he will probably be out to humiliate you and your team next winter. There is absolutely nothing wrong with UTC. I believe Gerald Wilkens played there and didn't Terrell Owens play there? Where do you intend to play, Motlow?(lol) Redballon this has been a waste of time for readers and to be honest I don't know why I wasted my time, but ignorant people like yourself need to be reminded of how shallow and inconsiderate you really are and I believe it has been done several times in this thread. Good luck Jamar next year at Forrest ( Ihope you and your team dominate ), and redballon good luck at Moore Co. cause you will definately need it.