9aaa

allsport

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where you guys get your information but I can assure you all that Beech cared a great deal about the loss to Wilson Central last week. The game DID matter to both the coaches and the players.

Unioncounty, I hope you aren't suggesting that Beech feels certain games don't matter. I know the coach very well--she is not at all happy with any loss. She certainly wasn't happy with how they lost last week. However, I didn't hear her assigning blame to anyone other than herself.

Beech has long contended that 9AAA teams can win the state tournament in any given year. And, over the last seven or so, there has been a team or two from 9AAA at the Spring Fling.

The coaches and player at Beech have a great deal of respect for all the teams in 9AAA.

Also, Beech has three very capable pitchers--all with ERA's under 1.000(team ERA is .32).

jgriffin, I am surprised that you are willing to stir the pot with Beech. I was under the impression that all that 'bad blood' between schools was behind Beech and Hendersonville--at least that's what Coach Griffin and Coach Brinkley would have me believe. I would only suggest that you get your facts straight before you type.

I don't know where you get your information but I know it doesn't come from Beech.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone in 9AAA.

WesternKy, Thank you for putting some reason to this. Congrad. to Wilson Central for a great win. They hit Beech the best I have seen any team hit them this year. They also scored more runs than any team this year ( i believe ). I don't believe Beech is making excuses,They hung with the pitcher too long and they got on her. This will likely fire them up. Anyway, good luck to all.

I agree mjsftbll, Beech had the district wrapped up, so get your other pitchers some playing time. Why risk a possible injury to your starter? Yes, the game was important in some cases, but when youve guranteed the regular season title, give the backups some playing time and experience.

In response to Yep, I do not coach at Beech, I am just merely an avid softball fine as I am sure you are. To WesternKy I did not intend to have you think the game did not matter to the coaches or players, I was merely stating that it did not matter for seeding purposes. The way the tournament is set up with double elimination in the final 4, it almost assures that the best team is going to win whoever it may be. Good luck to all the participants. :o

The tourney looks like this: Everything was rained out on Monday 5-5-03.

Tuesday Hendersonville will travel to and play Mt. Juliet. The winner will play Beech Wednesday, the loser is done for the year. In the other half of the bracket, White House will travel to Wilson Central, and Gallatin will travel to LaVergne. The losers are done, and the winners will play each other on Wednesday. The final four is double elimination and all final four games will be held at Drakes Creek Park in Hendersonville. I think I have it right.